- FREE delivery on orders over £25
- Order by 2pm for next day delivery options
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Otrivine Adult Decongestant Nasal Drops 10ml
- Drop format for fast and effective relief of nasal congestion
- Provides relief in as little as 2 minutes
- Helps clear congestion quickly and effectively
- Unblock the nasal passages and clear congestion
- Each treatment is effective for up to 10 hours
Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops are for application in the nose to give relief from:
- nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
- perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever)
Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops contain the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
- Otrivine adult nasal drops can be applied to the nasal passage to aid decongestion.
- Aim to relieve symptoms of nasal congestion - a blocked and stuffy nose.
- Can be used for up to a week.
Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops suitable for adults and children above the age of 12.
To reduce the spread of infection and to improve hygiene, each bottle should only be used by one person.
Otrivine adults nasal drops are effective in treating symptoms of congestion however if you don’t see an improvement in one week then you should stop using this product.
Otrivine also comes in a spray form otrivine sinusitis nasal spray available from our online pharmacy. This spray contains the same active ingredient giving similar effects but with a different mode of application.
Otrivine child nasal drops and spray are also available for the use in children above the age of six. They contain the same active ingredient but as a lesser strength.
For more advice, please visit us on Instagram @rightdose_uk.
Like all medicines, Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops and seek medical help immediately if you experience:
Allergic reactions, which may include difficult breathing or swallowing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and throat, severe itching of the skin, with a red rash or raised bumps.
Common (affects between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people):
- Nasal discomfort
- Dryness of the nasal membranes
- Local irritation after applying the drops
Very rare (affects less than 1 in 10,000 people):
- Blurred vision
- Irregular or fast heartbeat
Other side effects include:
A burning sensation in the nose and throat.
If you experience these or any other side-effects stop using the product and consult your doctor. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Otrivine Adult Nasal Drops are for congested individuals over 12 years old who favour a drop format for fast and effective relief of nasal congestion.
For adults and children over 12 years of age: 2 to 3 drops in each nostril 2 or 3 times daily
Clear your nose.
Lean head back as far as is comfortable (see diagram).
Apply 2 or 3 drops to each nostril.
- We would suggest that you try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
To avoid possible spread of infection, this pack should only be used by one person.
For reasons of hygiene do not use this bottle for more than 28 days after opening it.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage, especially in children and elderly.
Do not use continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use it continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
To avoid possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.
Do not use the drops if you:
• are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the drops
• are allergic to other decongestants
• have had recent neurosurgery
• have narrow angle glaucoma
• have chronic nasal inflammation with very dry nasal passages (rhinitis sicca or atrophic rhinitis)
• have an enlarged prostate gland
•have a rare tumour of the adrenal gland that produces high amounts of adrenaline and noradrenaline (phaeochromocytoma)
• are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or have stopped taking them in the last 14 days.
Do not use these drops for children under 12 years old.
Before using the drops tell your doctor if you:
• have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
• have diabetes mellitus
• have heart or circulatory disease (e.g. long QT syndrome)
• are pregnant or breast-feeding
• have hypertension
Like other products for relief of blocked nose, Otrivine may give rise to sleep disturbances, dizziness, tremor
in very sensitive patients. Consult your doctor if such signs prove to be troublesome.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are taking or have recently taken any medicines (especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors or other antidepressants) including those obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy or breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your doctor before using Otrivine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Otrivine has no effect on the ability to drive and use machines.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Protect from heat.
- Do not use after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle after “Expiry”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not use this bottle for more than 28 days after opening it.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v).
The other ingredients are sodium chloride, sodium phosphate, sodium acid phosphate, disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride, sorbitol, hypromellose and water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options