- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
What Is Pneumonia?
What is pneumonia?
Pneumonia can be a very serious condition. It is an inflammation of the lung tissue, usually caused by an infection.
The severity of pneumonia symptoms can vary dramatically. Symptoms can also develop very suddenly. They can also take several days to develop. The most common symptoms of pneumonia are:
- A cough (this can be a dry cough or it may produce mucus)
- Rapid, shallow breathing
- Feeling of breathlessness
- Rapid heartbeat
- Loss of appetite
- Chest pain
- Sweating or shivering
If you have more a severe case of pneumonia you may also experience:
- Coughing up blood
- Muscle pain
- Feeling of confusion
Causes of pneumonia
Pneumonia can occur at any time of year, but it is more prevalent in winter. Around 8 in every 1000 adults are affected by pneumonia every year in the UK.
The most common cause of pneumonia is pneumococcal infection, caused by bacteria called Streptococcus pneumoniae. Other bacteria that can cause pneumonia include Haemophilus influenzae and Staphylococcus aureus.
Pneumonia can also be caused by viruses. In very rare cases, fungi can cause pneumonia.
Babies and very young children, elderly people, people who smoke and with underlying health conditions are more likely to be affected by pneumonia.
Mild cases of pneumonia can usually be treated by:
- Getting plenty of rest
- Taking antibiotics
- Drinking plenty of fluids
You should see symptoms improve quickly, although the cough may linger.
Pneumonia treatments from Rightdose
At Rightdose, we can fill your prescriptions and ensure these get to your house quickly and easily.
After all, if you have pneumonia, the last thing you want to do is travel to the chemist. That’s why we bring the chemist to you. Prescribed antibiotics can be delivered direct to your door.
We also supply other medicine that can soothe your symptoms like Paracetamol that can reduce fever and treat pain.
We are an online registered UK pharmacy. Our vision is to ensure you experience less stress when it comes to your health and enjoy more in life. Your personalised pharmacy, delivered.
- Item added to basket. Click here to view basket.Please select a size to proceedPlease select a quantity to proceedSorry, we are unable to supply more than 1 of any item which falls under our prohibited listThere are NHS prescriptions in your basket. Please complete the order first or remove NHS prescriptions from the basket.