- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
- Used to treat the symptoms that occur with hay fever
- Relieves seasonal allergic symptoms such as sneezing, itchy, runny or blocked nose
- Helps to relieve itchy, red and watery eyes
- This medicine starts to relieve your symptoms within 1 hour and lasts for 24 hours
Hay fever Doctor Service
Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-coated Tablets contain fexofenadine hydrochloride, which is an antihistamine.
Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-coated Tablets are used to relieve the symptoms that occur with hay fever (seasonal allergic rhinitis) such as sneezing, itchy, runny or blocked nose and itchy, red and watery eyes.
Suitable In Adults & Adolescents Of 12 Years & Older.
You can order Fexofenadine online from our UK registered online pharmacy and doctor service. To see if you are suitable for this treatment, complete the online assessment and checkout. Our UK registered doctors will review the order and after approval pass the prescription to the Pharmacy team. We will then dispense and dispatch your order to your chosen address.
A good self care guide and information for hay fever is available on the NHS website.
NHS - Hay fever
Hay fever is usually worse between late March and September, especially when it's warm, humid and windy.
What Can You Do To Ease Your Symptoms When The Pollen Count Is High? This is when the pollen count is at its highest.
- Keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
- Wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
- Stay indoors whenever possible
- Put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
- Shower and change your clothes after you have been outside to wash pollen off
- Vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
- Buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Tell your doctor immediately and stop taking Fexofenadine Tablets if you experience:
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat, flushing, chest tightness and difficulty breathing, as these may be signs of a serious allergic reaction.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- headache- drowsiness- feeling sick (nausea)- dizziness.
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- tiredness, sleepiness.
Additional side effects (frequency not known: cannot be estimated from the available data) which may occur are:
- difficulty sleeping (insomnia)
- sleeping disorder
- bad dreams
- fast or irregular heart beat
- skin rash and itching
For a full list of side effects, please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Patient Information Leaflet Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-Coated Tablets
Suitable in adults and adolescents of 12 years and older.
Other medicines and Fexofenadine Tablets
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines. Indigestion remedies containing aluminium and magnesium may affect the action of Fexofenadine Tablets, by lowering the amount of medicinal product absorbed. It is recommended that you leave about 2 hours between the time that you take Fexofenadine Tablets and your indigestion remedy.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, think you may be pregnant or planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.Do not take Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-Coated Tablets if you are pregnant, unless necessary. Fexofenadine Tablets are not recommended during breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
Fexofenadine tablets are unlikely to affect your ability to drive or operate machinery. However, you should check that these tablets do not make you feel sleepy or dizzy before driving or operating machinery.
Fexofenadine Tablets also contain Allura Red AC Lake, which may cause allergic reactions. For a full list of ingredients, please see ‘Contents of the pack and other information’.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
How to store Fexofenadine Tablets
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- This medicine does not require any special storage condition.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
Fexofenadine is not recommended for the use in children below the age of 12 years.
How to take Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-Coated Tablets
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- The recommended dose is one tablet daily.
- Take your tablet with water before a meal.
This medicine starts to relieve your symptoms within 1 hour and lasts for 24 hours.
If you take more Fexofenadine Tablets than you should
If you take too many tablets, contact your doctor or the nearest hospital emergency department immediately. Symptoms of an overdose in adults are dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue and dry mouth.
If you forget to take Fexofenadine Tablets
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet. Take the next dose at the usual time as prescribed by your doctor.
If you stop taking Fexofenadine Tablets
Tell your doctor if you want to stop taking Fexofenadine Tablets before you have finished your course of treatment. If you stop taking Fexofenadine Tablets earlier than planned, your symptoms may return.
Do not take Fexofenadine Tablets
If you are allergic to fexofenadine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Fexofenadine Tablets if you:
- have problems with your liver or kidneys
- have or ever had heart disease, since this kind of medicine may lead to a fast or irregular heart beat
- are elderly.
If any of these apply to you, or if you are not sure, tell your doctor before taking Fexofenadine Tablets.
What Fexofenadine Tablets contain
The active substance is fexofenadine hydrochloride.
The other ingredients (excipients) are:
Tablet core: powdered cellulose, mannitol (E421), maize starch, croscarmellose sodium, colloidal anhydrous silica, magnesium stearate.
Tablet coating: opadry pink film-coating mixture containing hypromellose (E464), titanium dioxide (E171), macrogol 400, allura red AC lake (FD&C Red #40) (E129), and iron oxide, black (E172)
What Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-Coated Tablets look like and contents of the pack
Fexofenadine hydrochloride Film-Coated Tablets are pink coloured, oval, tablets marked with “FXF” on one side and “120” on the other side.
Fexofenadine Tablets are packed in blister strips packaged in cartons. The cartons contain 20 or 30 Tablets. Not all packs may be marketed.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options