- FREE delivery on orders over £25
- Order by 2pm for next day delivery options
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Vicks Vaporub 50g
- Helps with Sore Throats & Nasal Congestion
- Effective Cold Relief
- Also can be purchased in a bigger 100g tub
Vicks Vaporub is an ointment which is used to relieve an inflammation of mucous membranes in the nose and throat, a blocked nose, sore throat and coughs due to colds. Vicks Vaporub contains four active ingredients:
- Camphor & levomenthol calm a cough
- Eucalyptus oil and levomenthol relieve blocked nose
- Eucalyptus oil relieves catarrh
Side Effects of Vicks Vaporub 50g
Like all medicines, Vicks VapoRub can cause side effects, although not everyone gets them.
- Redness or irritation of the skin
- Irritation of the eyes (by inhalation)
- Allergic reactions
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Vicks Vaporub 50g
- Rub Vicks VapoRub liberally on the chest, throat and back
- Cover whole area for maximum effect
- Leave nightclothes loose to allow vapours to be inhaled easily.
- Place hot (not boiling) water in a suitable bowl for inhalation
- Melt two teaspoons of VapoRub into the bowl of hot water
- Keep sufficient distance from the mixture in a bowl to avoid burning of the face due to hot vapours
- Inhale the medicated vapours for 10-15 minutes
Warnings for Vicks Vaporub 50g
- Never re-heat the mixture or hear VapoRub in a microwave.
- Vick VapoRub is for external use only.
Ingredients in Vicks Vaporub 50g
Active ingredients: levomenthol, camphor, eucalyptus oil and turpentine oil.
Other ingredients: thymol, cedarwood oil and white soft paraffin.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options