- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Nicorette 15mg Inhalator Cartridges (Pack of 36)
- Designed to help you to stop smoking
- Widely used in stop smoking programmes
- Easy to carry
Nicorette® inhalator is a nicotine replacement therapy (nrt). it is used to relieve and /or prevent withdrawal symptoms and reduce the cravings you get when you try to stop smoking or when cutting down the number of cigarettes you smoke.
Ideally, you should always aim to stop smoking. you can use nicorette® inhalator to achieve this by using it to completely replace all your cigarettes.
However nicorette® inhalator can also be used in other ways,
- if you feel unable to stop smoking completely, or wish to
replace certain cigarettes and therefore it can help you to
cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke,
- at those times when you can’t or do not want to smoke.
- where you don’t want to smoke and avoid harm to others e.g children or family.
- smoke-free areas e.g pub, work, public transport e.g aeroplanes.
It may also help increase your motivation to quit. when making a quit attempt a behavioural support programme will increase your chances of success. When you stop smoking or cut down the number of cigarettes you smoke, your body misses the nicotine that you have been absorbing. You may experience unpleasant feelings and a strong desire to smoke (craving). This indicates that you were dependent on nicotine.
When you use nicorette® inhalator, air is drawn through the inhalator and nicotine is released. The nicotine is absorbed into your body through the lining of your mouth. This relieves the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. It will also help to stop your craving to smoke, but will not give you the ’’buzz’’ you get from smoking a cigarette.
Benefits you can get from using NRT instead of smoking
The benefits of stopping smoking clearly outweigh any potential risk from using nicotine from NRT. It is the toxins in cigarette smoke such as tar, lead, cyanide and ammonia that cause smoking-related disease and death, not the nicotine.
- You may think that smoking helps relieve feelings of anxiety and stress, but it does not deal with the cause of stress and leads to a number of serious diseases. in addition, the feeling of relaxation after smoking is
temporary, with withdrawal symptoms and cravings soon returning. nicotine replacement therapy can help relieve nicotine withdrawal symptoms such as irritability, low mood, anxiety, restlessness and cravings when used in place of cigarettes.
- NRT may benefit smokers who want to quit, by helping to control weight gain that may be experienced when trying to stop smoking. use of nrt is safer than smoking tobacco but as soon as you are ready, you should aim to stop smoking completely.
Side Effects of Nicorette 15mg Inhalator Cartridges
Like all medicines, NICORETTE® inhalator can have side-effects. As many of the effects are due to nicotine, they can also occur when nicotine is obtained by smoking.
Effects related to stopping smoking (nicotine withdrawal)
You may experience unwanted effects because by stopping smoking you have reduced the amount of nicotine you are taking. You may also experience these effects if you under use NICORETTE® inhalator cartridges before you are ready to reduce your nicotine intake.
These effects include:
- Irritability or aggression
- Feeling low
- Poor concentration
- Increased appetite or weight gain
- Urges to smoke (craving)
- Night time awakening or sleep disturbance
- Lowering of heart rate
Effects of too much nicotine
It is possible to inhale too much nicotine if you use the inhalator in very warm surroundings. You may also get these effects if you are not used to inhaling tobacco smoke.
These effects include:
- Feeling faint
- Feeling sick (nausea)
Side effects for nicorette® inhalator
If you notice any of the following; fast heart rate/beat, abnormal beating of the heart, chest palpitations, shortness of breath or allergic reactions (swelling of the face, mouth, lips, throat and tongue, itching of the skin, swelling of the skin, ulceration and inflammation of the lining of the mouth, difficulty in breathing and dizziness) stop using NICORETTE® inhalator and contact a doctor immediately.
Very common side effects (may affect more than 1 in 10 people):
- Throat irritation
- (feeling sick) nausea
- Sore and inflamed mouth
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
- Allergic reactions (hypersensitivity)
- Burning sensation in the mouth
- Taste disturbance or loss of taste
- Tingling or numbness of the hands and feet
- Blocked nose
- Stomach pain or discomfort
- Dry mouth
- Excessive gas or wind
- Increased salivation
- Sickness (vomiting)
- Tiredness (fatigue)
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
- Abnormal dream
- Sudden reddening of the face and/or neck
- High blood pressure
- Sudden constriction of the small airways of the lung that can cause wheezing and shortness of breath
- Loss or damage to voice
- Throat tightness
- Burping (belching)
- Swollen, red, sore tongue
- Mouth ulcers or blisters
- Numbness or tingling of the mouth
- Hives (urticaria)
- Excessive sweating
- Pain in jaw
- Unusual weakness
- Chest discomfort and pain
- General feeling of discomfort or being unwell or out of sorts (malaise
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Difficulty in swallowing
- Decreased feeling or sensitivity, especially in the mouth
- Feeling of wanting to be sick (vomit)
Other side effects can include:
- Blurred vision, watery eyes
- Stomach discomfort
- Redness of the skin
- Dry throat, lip pain
- Muscle tightness
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Nicorette 15mg Inhalator Cartridges
Using the inhalator
- Inhale using the inhalator, either deeply or shallow puffs. Choose the way that suits you. Either way, your body will receive the amount of nicotine required to give craving
You may find it takes more effort than inhaling from a cigarette, but the amount of nicotine you absorb through the lining of your mouth is the same whether you take deep or shallow puffs.
- It is up to you how many inhalations (puffs) you take, how often you take them and for how long.
- Each cartridge will provide you with about 40 minutes of intense use. You can divide this time how you like. For example, you could use a cartridge for four 10 minute inhalation periods.
Or you could use a cartridge for 10 minutes on waking and then for six periods of five minutes later on in the day. Once the cartridge is used up, you will need to change it.
Changing a cartridge
- Open the mouthpiece as in step 3 of Setting up the inhalator. Pull out the cartridge and dispose of it safely.
- Put a new cartridge into the inhalator as in steps 4-6 of Setting up the inhalator.
Dosage and temperature
NICORETTE® inhalator works best at room temperature and it is best not to use the inhalator in the cold.
In cold surroundings (below 15°C or 59°F) you may have to inhale more often to get the same amount of nicotine as when using the inhalator at room temperature. When you are in surroundings above 30°C or 86°F, you should inhale less often to avoid taking in too much nicotine.
When to use the inhalator
If you are able to stop smoking you should use the inhalator, when needed, in place of cigarettes. As soon you can (this could be after a number of weeks or months) you should reduce the number of cartridges until you have stopped using them completely.
If you are unable to stop smoking or do not feel ready to quit at this time, you should replace as many cigarettes as possible with the inhalator. There are toxins in cigarettes that can cause harm to your body. NICORETTE® inhalator provides a safer alternative to smoking, for both you and those around you. Reducing the number of cigarettes may also help you to become more motivated to stop smoking. As soon as you are ready you should aim to stop smoking completely.
You can also use the inhalator on those occasions when you can’t or don’t want to smoke e.g. Social situations such as a party, in the pub or when at work.
When making a quit attempt behavioural therapy, advice and support will normally improve the success rate. If you have quit smoking and want to stop using the inhalator but are finding this difficult you should contact your doctor, nurse or pharmacist for advice.
Warnings for Nicorette 15mg Inhalator Cartridges
Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding – you may be able to use nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) to help you give up smoking but you should try to give up without it.
- If you are in hospital because of heart disease (including heart attack, disorders of heart rate or rhythm, angina, high blood pressure or stroke). In other heart conditions not requiring you to be in the hospital, using NRT is better than continuing to smoke.
- If you have a stomach ulcer, duodenal ulcer, inflammation of the stomach or inflammation of the oesophagus (passage between the mouth and stomach).
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you have a long-term throat disease or difficulty breathing due to bronchitis, emphysema or asthma. NICORETTE® inhalator may not be suitable for you to use and you may be advised to use a different type of NRT.
- If you have an overactive thyroid gland or have a phaeochromocytoma (a tumour of the adrenal gland that can affect blood pressure) – your doctor will have told you this.
- If you have diabetes – monitor your blood sugar levels more often when starting to use Nicorette inhalator as you may find your insulin or medication requirements alter.
- If you are taking any other medicines such as theophylline, clozapine or ropinirole. Stopping smoking or cutting down may require the dose of these medicines to be adjusted.
If any of these apply, talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist. This product contains small cartridges which could be a choking hazard if a child attempts to swallow one. Keep any unused cartridges in the pack out of the reach and sight of children.
The active ingredient is nicotine.
Other ingredients are menthol.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options