Ibuleve Maximum Strength Gel 50g
- Maximum strength version of the original Ibuleve formula, with twice as much ibuprofen
- Easily absorbed, penetrating ge
- A clear, pleasant-to-use, fragrance-free formula
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Ibuleve Maximum Strength Gel 50g online
Ibuleve Maximum Strength is an
anti-inflammatory painkiller applied to,
and absorbed through, the skin.
It is for the treatment of the following conditions
involving the musculoskeletal system:
• rheumatic or muscular pain
It is also for pain relief in common arthritic
Like all medicines, Ibuleve Maximum Strength
can cause side effects, although not everybody
Occasionally, mild skin rashes, itching or irritation
can sometimes occur at the site of application.
If this is unacceptable, or persists, stop using the
product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Very rarely, the following side effects can happen
with ibuprofen, although these are extremely
uncommon with products such as Ibuleve
Maximum Strength that are applied to the skin.
If you experience any of the following,
stop using Ibuleve Maximum Strength
immediately and tell your doctor:
• Allergic reactions (particularly in people
who have a history of asthma or allergic
problems), such as:
• unexplained runny nose and watery
eyes, or, in more serious cases asthma
or aggravated asthma involving breathing
difficulties, wheezing or chest tightness;
• generalised allergic skin reactions involving
itch, swelling, inflammation, redness and
perhaps blistering and light sensitivity;
• other more serious generalised allergic
reactions possibly involving unexplained
nausea and vomiting, swollen eyes, face or
tongue, difficulty swallowing, dizziness or light-
headedness. Unconsciousness could perhaps
occur in the most serious cases.
• Kidney problems (particularly in people who
have a history of kidney disease), such as:
• decreased urine volume;
• loss of appetite / weight loss;
• swelling to abdomen.
• Problems with the digestive system
(particularly in people who have a history
of stomach ulcers etc), such as:
• stomach pain;
• heartburn / indigestion
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Before using this tube of gel for the first
time, open it as follows:
• Unscrew the cap, turn it upside down and then
use the sharp point of the cap to pierce the
membrane in the neck of the tube.
To use the gel (for adults, the elderly and children
over 12 years old):
• Use the gel up to three times a day, or as
often as advised by your doctor.
• Lightly apply the gel to intact skin over the
• Squeeze out a 2 to 5 cm length of gel
(50 to 125 mg ibuprofen) onto the affected
area, enough to thinly cover it, then massage
gently until absorbed.
• Wash hands after use, unless treating them.
• Carry on using the gel in this way until your
condition gets better.
• If your symptoms worsen or continue for
more than one week, discuss this with
your doctor before continuing treatment
Do not use Ibuleve Maximum Strength:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to
ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients
of Ibuleve Maximum Strength
• if you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis
(allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives)
and have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin,
ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past;
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
• on broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
Before applying this product for the first time,
make sure it is suitable for you to use:
Because Ibuleve Maximum Strength is delivered
through the skin, directly over the painful area,
there is less risk of the complications that
sometimes occur when ibuprofen (or a similar
anti-inflammatory painkiller) is taken by mouth.
However, in rare cases you may be at risk:
• if you have a stomach ulcer (also called a peptic
or gastric ulcer);
• if you have ever had kidney problems;
• if you have ever had asthma;
• if you have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin
or ibuprofen taken by mouth.
If any of the above apply to you, only use
this product on advice from your doctor
Warnings and precautions
Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of
severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings
etc) that has been in contact with this product
burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard.
Washing clothing and bedding may reduce
product build-up but not totally remove it.
Take special care when using this product:
• Use it only on the skin.
• Do not use it on children under 12 years
old unless advised by a doctor.
• Keep the gel away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
Using other medicines
• Interaction between Ibuleve Maximum Strength and
blood pressure lowering drugs and anticoagulants
(medicines that stop blood clotting) is possible,
in theory, although very unlikely. If you would like
more advice about this, speak to your doctor
• If you are also taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
by mouth, discuss this beforehand with your
doctor or pharmacist because these may
increase the risk of undesirable effects.
• Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are taking or have recently taken any other
medicines including other medicines obtained
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
You should not use Ibuleve Maximum Strength
if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect
your ability to drive or use machinery.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (10% w/w).
The other ingredients are industrial methylated
spirit, carbomers, diethylamine and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options