Orajel Extra Strength Dental Gel 5.3g
- Rapid relief for acute toothache
- Suitable for patients aged 12 & over
- Contains benzocaine
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Orajel Extra Strength Dental Gel Online
Orajel Extra Strength delivers rapid pain relief when and where you need it most. The formulation features the maximum level of benzocaine available without prescription in the Orajel range.
Orajel Extra Strength gel form gives you control over the product during application and goes right to the source of your pain for effective and targeted relief.
Orajel Extra Strength contains 20% w/w benzocaine, a powerful local anaesthetic that works by temporarily blocking the pathway of pain signals along the nerves and relieves pain by numbing the area.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Remove cap.
- Cut off tip of tube.
- With a clean finger or swab apply an amount of gel the size of a green pea into the tooth cavity.
Use up to 4 times daily.
Orajel Extra Strength Dental Gel is intended for short-term use until you can get to a dentist. It should not be used continuously. Do not use for more than 4 days at a time. If the toothache persists, consult your dentist.
Make sure it is safe for you to apply Orajel. Do not take this medicine if:
- You have had an allergic reaction to benzocaine or any of the ingredients in the gel, particularly sorbic acid. An allergic reaction may include a rash, stinging, swelling or itching. This product contains Sorbic Acid, which may cause local skin reactions (eg Contact Dermatitis).
- You have been told by your doctor that you have difficulty converting a component of your blood called methaemoglobin to haemoglobin. Please don’t be worried. Most people taking this medicine will not experience any problems.
- Tell your pharmacist, doctor or dentist if you are taking antibiotics called sulphonamides, for example co-trimoxazole, as benzocaine may prevent them from working well.
- You are pregnant or breast feeding.
- If you apply or swallow too much gel contact your nearest hospital casualty department, doctor or dentist immediately. Taking the product information leaflet to show to the dentist or doctor.
20% w/w Benzocaine, Macrogol 400, Polyethylene Glycol 3350, Sodium saccharin (E954), Sorbic acid (E200), Natural Spearmint Flavour, Citric Acid and Clove Oil.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options