- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Cymex Ultra Cream 2g
- Antiviral cold sore creamClinically proven
Buy Cymex Ultra Cream 2g online
Cymex Ultra is used for the treatment of cold sores. The active ingredient is aciclovir, an antiviral agent. Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as tingling and itching). It can also be used to speed up healing if one has already appeared.
Like all medicines Cymex Ultra can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
Allergy-like reactions, for example swelling of the lips, face and eyelids.
The following side effects could also occur:
Mild burning or stinging after application. This will quickly go away.
Redness, itching or a mild drying or flaking of the skin, skin rashes, hives or weals.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
- The amount of cream inside this pack is enough for one cold sore attack. For any future attacks, start treatment at the first signs of a cold sore developing (such as tingling or itching). It can also be started during the blister stage.
- If your cold sore hasn’t healed fully after 10 days, or if it gets worse at any time, contact your doctor.
- Treat your cold sore for 4 full days to ensure rapid healing.
- Apply liberally to the affected area 5 times a day.
- Apply at the first signs of a cold sore (such as tingling and itching).
- Continue treatment for 4 days. If your cold sore hasn’t healed after this time, you can use the cream for up to 10 days in total.
- If you forget a dose, apply when you remember and continue as before.
- Never give your Cymex Ultra to others, even if their symptoms are the same as yours.
- Do not use more than the recommended dose.
Do not use Cymex Ultra:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to Aciclovir, valaciclovir, propylene glycol or any other ingredients of the preparation
- Inside your mouth (e.g. for mouth ulcers) or nose.
- For any skin infection other than a cold sore.
- In the eyes or genital area.
Take special care with Cymex Ultra
- Always wash your hands before and after applying cream.
- Do not touch your eyes until you have washed your hands after application.
- If you accidentally get cream in your eye, wash out thoroughly with warm water.
- Do not swallow the cream. If you accidentally swallow any cream, it is unlikely to cause any ill effects but consult your doctor if you are concerned.
- Avoid touching a cold sore to prevent transferring the infection or making it worse.
- If you have been told by your doctor that you have a weakened immune system, contact your doctor before treating any type of infection.
- If you are in any doubt if you have a cold sore, contact your doctor.
- If your cold sore gets very severe, contact your doctor.
- Tell your doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any regular medication on prescription or over the counter products.
Cymex Ultra contains cetyl alcohol and propylene glycol which may cause local skin reactions (skin irritation and redness).
The active ingredient is Acidovir.
The other ingredients are Stearoyl Macrogolglycerides, Dimeticone, Cetyl alcohol, Liquid paraffin, White Soft Paraffin, Propylene Glycol and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options