- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Robitussin Mucus Cough 100ml
- Relieves Nasal & Sinus Congestion
- Loosens & thins mucus making it easier to dislodge from throat
- Contains Guaifenesin Pseudoephedrine
This medicine contains the active ingredients guaifenesin and pseudoephedrine hydrochloride.
Guaifenesin belongs to a group of medicines called cough expectorants and works by changing an
unproductive cough to a cough that is more productive and less frequent. Pseudoephedrine
hydrochloride belongs to a group of medicines called nasal decongestants and works by providing
symptomatic relief of the common cold
Like all medicines, your medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Side
effects with guaifenesin or pseudoephedrine are rare. However, susceptible individuals may
experience unwanted side effects.
If you experience any of the following serious effects then STOP taking this medicine immediately
and contact your doctor or pharmacist:
- Allergic reactions. Symptoms could include itchy skin or rashes, difficulty breathing, faster heart
rate, swelling of the face or throat.
- A feeling your heart is beating too fast or palpitations.
- Sudden onset of fever, reddening of the skin, or many small pustules (possible symptoms of
Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis - AGEP) may occur within the first 2 days of
treatment with Robitussin Mucus Cough and Congestion Relief. See section 2.
Other possible side effects
If any of the side effects below get serious or you experience any other side effects, stop taking this
medicine immediately and consult your doctor:
- Feeling sick (nausea) or being sick (vomiting).
- Dizziness, headache, feeling restless or overactive.
- Feeling anxious, irritable or nervous.
- If you cannot sleep, or suffer from hallucinations.
- Skin rashes or hives.
- An increased blood pressure.
- Difficulty passing urine.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 10 ml up to four times daily, as required.
Children under 12 years: Do not use.
Use the dosing cup provided with the pack
Do not take this medicine if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to guaifenesin or pseudoephedrine hydrochloride or any of the
other ingredients in this medicine.
- You are suffering from heart disease, an overactive thyroid gland, increased pressure in your eyes
(glaucoma), diabetes, an enlarged prostate gland or have difficulty passing urine.
- You are taking a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) medicine for depressive illness, such as
Moclobemide, or have done so in the last 14 days.
Take special care and talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you have had a
cough for a long time, or if you have asthma or are suffering from an asthma attack.
Taking other medicines:
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- You are taking digoxin, used to treat some heart conditions.
- You are taking medicines to reduce blood pressure.
- You are taking another decongestant product (e.g. sympathomimetics such as phenylephrine).
- You are taking a medicine to control the symptoms of asthma (e.g. an inhaled beta-agonist such
- You are taking a medicine for depression (e.g. a tricyclic anti-depressant such as amitriptyline).
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
After taking the medicine:
If you develop a feverish generalised erythema (redness of the skin) associated with pustules, stop
taking Robitussin Mucus Cough and Congestion Relief and contact your doctor or seek medical
attention immediately. See section 4.
Important information about some of the ingredients in this medicine:
- This product contains amaranth (E123), which may cause allergic reactions.
- If you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before
taking this medicine as it contains sorbitol and maltitol.
- This medicine contains 25.2 mg of sodium per 10 ml dose. This should be taken into account by
those who are on a controlled sodium diet.
- This medicinal product contains 2.7 % v/v alcohol (ethanol) (214 mg per 10 ml dose). This is
equivalent to approximately 2 ml wine per dose which can be harmful for those suffering from
alcoholism and should be taken into account if you are pregnant or breastfeeding or have liver
disease or epilepsy. This will have no or negligible influence on your ability to drive.
Each 5 ml contains 100 mg of the active substance guaifenesin and 30 mg of the active substance
Robitussin Mucus Cough and Congestion Relief also contains: Glycerol, Carmellose
Sodium, Disodium Edetate, Sodium Benzoate (E211), Sodium Cyclamate, Amaranth (E123), Ethanol
(96%), Levomenthol, Maltitol (E965), Sorbitol Solution 70%, Natural Cherry Flavouring, Citric Acid
Anhydrous, Caramel (E150), Acesulfame Potassium and Purified Water
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options