Zirtek Allergy Solution Sugar-free 150ml
- Treats seasonal allergic rhinitis.
- 150ml Solution
- Treats urticaria and chronic idiopathic urticaria.
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Zirtek Allergy Solution Sugar-Free Syrup Online
Cetirizine dihydrochloride is the active ingredient of Zirtek Allergy.
Zirtek Allergy is an antiallergic medication.
Zirtek Allergy Solution are indicated
- for the relief of nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis.
- for the relief of urticaria.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following side effects are rare or very rare, but you must stop taking the medicine and
speak to your doctor straight away if you notice them:
- Allergic reactions, including severe reactions and angioedema (serious allergic reaction which
causes swelling of the face or throat).
These reactions may start soon after you first take the medicine, or it might start later.
Common side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10 patients)
- Somnolence (sleepiness)
- Dizziness, headache
- Pharyngitis, rhinitis (in children)
- Diarrhea, nausea, dry mouth
Uncommon side effects (may affect up to 1 in 100 patients)
- Paresthesia (abnormal feelings of the skin)
- Abdominal pain
- Pruritus (itchy skin), rash
- Asthenia (extreme fatigue), malaise
Rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 patients)
- Allergic reactions, some severe (very rare)
- Depression, hallucination, aggression, confusion, insomnia
- Tachycardia (heart beating too fast)
- Liver function abnormal
- Urticaria (hives)
- Oedema (swelling)
- Weight increased
Very rare side effects (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 patients)
- Thrombocytopenia (low levels of blood platelets)
- Tics (habit spasm)
- Syncope, dyskinesia (involuntary movements), dystonia (abnormal prolonged muscular
contractions), tremor, dysgeusia (altered taste)
- Blurred vision, accommodation disorder (difficulty focusing), oculogyration (eyes having
uncontrolled circular movements)
- Angioedema (serious allergic reaction which causes swelling of the face or throat), fixed drug
- Abnormal elimination of urine (bed wetting, pain and/or difficulty passing water)
Not known frequency of side effects (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Increased appetite
- Suicidal ideation (recurring thoughts of or preoccupation with suicide) , nightmare
- Amnesia, memory impairment
- Vertigo (sensation of rotation or movement)
- Urinary retention (inability to completely empty the urinary bladder)
- Pruritus (intense itching) and/or urticaria upon discontinuation
- Joint pain
- Rash with blisters containing pus
- Hepatitis (inflammation of the liver)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults and adolescents above 12 years old:
The recommended dose is 10 mg once daily as 10 ml oral solution (2 full measuring spoons)
Use in children between 6 and 12 years old:
The recommended dose is 5 mg twice daily as 5 ml (one full measuring spoon) twice daily.
Use in children between 2 and 6 years old
The recommended dose is 2.5 mg twice daily as 2.5 ml oral solution (a half-measuring spoon) twice
Do not take Zirtek Allergy Solution
- if you have a severe kidney disease (severe renal failure with creatinine clearance below
- if you are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
(listed in section 6), to hydroxyzine or to any piperazine derivatives (closely related active
ingredients of other medicines).
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Zirtek Allergy Solution.
If you are a patient with renal insufficiency, please ask your doctor for advice; if necessary, you will
take a lower dose. The new dose will be determined by your doctor.
If you have problems passing urine (like spinal cord problems or prostate or bladder problems), please
ask your doctor for advice.
If you are an epileptic patient or a patient at risk of convulsions, you should ask your doctor for
No clinically significant interactions have been observed between alcohol (at the blood level of
0.5 per mille (g/l) corresponding to one glass of wine) and cetirizine used at the recommended doses.
However, there are no data available on the safety when higher doses of cetirizine and alcohol are
taken together. Therefore, as it is the case with all antihistamines, it is recommended to avoid taking
Zirtek Allergy Solution with alcohol.
If you are scheduled for allergy testing, ask your doctor if you should stop taking Zirtek Allergy
Solution for several days before testing. This medicine may affect your allergy test results.
Other medicines and Zirtek Allergy Solution
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other
Zirtek Allergy Solution with food and drink
Food does not affect absorption of Zirtek Allergy Solution.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask
your doctor for advice before taking this medicine.
Zirtek Allergy Solution should be avoided in pregnant women. Accidental use of the drug by a
pregnant woman should not produce any harmful effects on the foetus. Nevertheless, the medicine
should only be administered if necessary and after medical advice.
Cetirizine passes into breast milk. A risk of side effects in breastfed infants cannot be excluded.
Therefore, you should not take Zirtek Allergy Solution during breast-feeding unless you have
contacted a doctor.
Driving and using machines
Clinical studies have produced no evidence of impaired attention, alertness and driving capabilities
after taking Zirtek Allergy Solution at the recommended dose.
You should closely observe your response to the drug after you have taken Zirtek Allergy Solution if
you are intending to drive, engage in potentially hazardous activities or operate machinery. You
should not exceed the recommended dose.
Zirtek Allergy Solution contains sorbitol; if you have been told by your doctor that you have an
intolerance to some sugars, please contact your doctor before taking this medicinal product.
Zirtek Allergy Solution contains methylparahydroxybenzoate (E 218),
propylparahydroxybenzoate (E 216) that may cause allergic reactions (possibly delayed).
The active substance is cetirizine. 10 ml (equals to 2 measuring spoons) contain 10 mg of
The other ingredients are sorbitol (E 420), glycerol, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium,
methylparahydroxybenzoate (E 218), propylparahydroxybenzoate (E 216), banana flavor
54.330/A (Firmenich), sodium acetate, glacial acetic acid, purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options