Cuprofen Tablets (Pack of 48)
- 400mg Ibuprofen
- Effective pain relief
- Not suitable for under 12 years old
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Cuprofen Maximum Strength tablets are used for the relief of rheumatic, muscular, dental and period pains and pain in backache, neuralgia, migraine and headache, and for the symptomatic relief of colds, flu and feverishness. cuprofen
Maximum Strength tablets contain 400mg of the active ingredient ibuprofen. ibuprofen belongs to the class of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory agents which reduce pain, fever and inflammation.
As with all medicines, these tablets can have side effects in some people. The elderly are more likely to suffer such effects. If you suffer from any of the following at any time during your treatment STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate medical help:
Passing blood in your faeces (stools/motions).
Passing black tarry stools.
Vomiting any blood or dark particles that look like coffee grounds.
Allergic reactions, which can include the following: bruising or facial swelling; swelling of the lips, throat and tongue causing difficulty swallowing or breathing; breathing problems, e.g. unexplained wheezing, shortness of breath, asthma or worsening of asthma; skin reactions, e.g. skin rashes, itching, urticaria (hives) which can be severe with blistering and peeling of the skin; rapid heart rate/palpitations, collapsing or low blood pressure. Seek medical help immediately.
Severe skin reaction is known as DRESS syndrome. Symptoms of DRESS include skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells) (frequency not known).
Medicines such as Cuprofen Maximum Strength Tablets may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack (myocardial infarction) or stroke. Fluid retention (oedema), high blood pressure, and heart failure have also been reported.
If you are concerned about these effects, or if this medicine affects you in any other way, stop taking it and talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
STOP TAKING the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience:
Indigestion or heartburn.
Abdominal pain (pain in your stomach) or other abdominal stomach symptoms.
Blood disorders such as anaemia, low white blood cells, low platelet count, suppressed bone marrow function or reduction in granulocytes (a type of white blood cell) which could result in the following symptoms: unexplained bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever, extreme paleness, weakness or exhaustion.
Very rarely may cause blood in urine, kidney damage or kidney failure or liver problems such as hepatitis or jaundice (yellowing of the skin).
There have been rare reports of aseptic meningitis, which can include symptoms such as headache, stiff neck, disorientation, fever and eye sensitivity to light, particularly in patients with existing auto-immune disorders such as Lupus. Seek medical help immediately.
The following side effects could also occur; tell your doctor if you experience these effects:
Nausea and indigestion; rarely may cause diarrhoea, constipation, vomiting or flatulence, worsening of existing bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease).
Very rarely may cause skin rashes
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Cuprofen Tablets
For adults and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
- Do not exceed the stated dose.
- Do not take more than three tablets in any 24 hour period.
- Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
- To be taken preferably with food.
- Take one tablet with water up to three times a day as required
Children under 12 years:
Not suitable for children under 12 years
Do not take if you:
- are allergic to ibuprofen or to any other ingredient in this product, aspirin or other related painkillers
- have (or have had 2 or more episodes) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding of the stomach.
- are taking aspirin at doses of above 75mg daily. If you are on low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily) speak to your doctor or pharmacist before you take these tablets.
- are taking other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), as these may increase the risk of side effects.
- suffer from severe heart, kidney or liver failure.
- are in the last 3 months of pregnancy.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you
- are elderly
- suffer or have suffered from asthma or allergic disease e.g. hayfever
- suffer from a mixed connective tissue disease e.g. Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- have liver or kidney problems
- have heart problems, previous stroke or think you might be at risk for these conditions (for example if you have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol or are a smoker)
Cuprofen Maximum Strength Tablets belong to a group of medicines which may impair fertility in women. This effect is reversible on stopping the medicine. It is unlikely that Cuprofen Maximum Strength Tablets, used occasionally, will affect your chances of becoming pregnant, however, tell your doctor before taking this medicine if you have problems becoming pregnant.
suffer from stomach or bowel problems, e.g. stomach ulcers or bleeding, ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease.
Take special care if you are taking
Anti-inflammatory/pain-killer medicines like ibuprofen may be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke, particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the recommended dose or duration of treatment.
You should discuss your treatment with your doctor or pharmacist before taking Cuprofen if you:
- have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery, peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs of feet due to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke (including ‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack “TIA”)
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a smoker. There is a risk of renal impairment in dehydrated children and adolescents.
Ingredients in Cuprofen tablets
each tablet contains 400mg of the active ingredient ibuprofen.
They also contain: lactose, croscarmellose sodium, methylcellulose, magnesium stearate, hypromellose, talc, titanium dioxide, erythrosine aluminium lake, hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options