Aciclovir Cream 2g
- 5 times a day treatmentAciclovir 5% w/w strengthProvides fast healingApply directly to the affected area
Buy Aciclovir Cream 2g online
You can buy Aciclovir Cream from our uk registered online pharmacy. Please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. You can then place your order, after completing an associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. If for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
Aciclovir is a popular choice of treatment for cold sores. The active ingredient aciclovir is an antiviral agent and can be applied at the first signs of a cold sore, for example, itching and tingling. Aciclovir can also speed up the healing process of a cold sore that has appeared already.
Cold sores (the medical term is known as herpes simplex type 1) tend to occur by a number of trigger factors such as exposure to sunlight, stress, colds and menstruation.
- Lip balm can help limit the drying and cracking of lips, which usually adds to the pain of the lesions.
- Cold sores are highly contagious and care should be taken to avoid the infection spreading. -wash your hands after touching lesions or using the cream and avoid touching the eyes.
-do not share face cloths or towels.
-avoid oral sex to eliminate chances of genital herpes.
- Apply sunscreen to the lips or sensitive areas if exposure to the sun is likely (for example on holiday or skiing.)
Aciclovir cream is a widely used and effective cold sore medicine however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find aciclovir cream is not effective for you, you may want to try an alternative.
Other treatments for cold sores are available at Rightdose. These include:
- Blistex cold sore cream
- Compeed cold sore patches
- Cymex cream
- Zovirax cream
Aciclovir Cream reviews
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. Reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. We invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. Click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Aciclovir cream used for?
Aciclovir cream is an antiviral agent used to treat cold sores. As cold sores are contagious, it is important to ensure that cold sores are fully healed, and Aciclovir is effective in speeding the healing process up.
How does Aciclovir cream work?
Aciclovir cream works by targeting the affected area effectively preventing the spread of the virus as it is an antiviral and it also speeds up the healing process of the lesions.
How do I use Aciclovir cream?
Aciclovir cream should be applied at the first symptoms of a cold sore (tingling or itching). Aciclovir cream should be applied to lesion liberally 5 times a day for 4 days. If the cold sore has not healed after 4 days, then Aciclovir cream can be used for up to 10 days in total. Ensure to use the Aciclovir cream for 4 full days to allow quick healing.
Can I use Aciclovir cream if I am pregnant/breastfeeding?
Talk to your doctor or our pharmacist before using Aciclovir cream if you are pregnant, trying to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Side Effects of Aciclovir Cream 2g
As with any medication, there are risks of side effects when using Aciclovir Cream. You should always read the patient information leaflet when taking a new medicine to make sure you're aware of the full list of side effects and cautions. If you have any unwanted side effects you should seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
Stop using Aciclovir cream and seek medical advice immediately if you notice any of the following symptoms:
rash, itchy skin, weal, swelling of the lips, face and/or eyelids
(These may be signs of an allergic reaction.)
Other side effects include:
• a burning or stinging feeling after applying the cream that goes away
• mild drying or flaking of your skin
• redness of your skin
• skin rash
Reporting of side effects:
If you experience any side effects (including any possible side effects not listed), talk to a healthcare professional.
(For a full list of side effects please refer to the patient information leaflet in the ‘Info Leaflet’ tab.)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Warnings for Aciclovir Cream 2g
- Do not use if you are allergic to Aciclovir, valaciclovir, propylene glycol or to any of the ingredients of Aciclovir cream.
- Do not use if the cold sore is severe (seek medical advice from your doctor in regards to treatment)
- Do not use on mucous membranes as the cream can cause irritation. (This includes the eyes, inside of the mouth, nose and vagina.)
- Do not use to treat mouth ulcers, or for herpes infections which are in or around eyes,
or in the genital area.
- Only use to treat blisters on the lips and face.
- Do not use if the immune system is weakened for any reason(for example you have an HIV infection, a bone marrow transplant or cancer treatment)
(For a full list of warnings please refer to the patient information leaflet in the ‘Info Leaflet’ tab.)
Ingredients in Aciclovir cream 2g
Active ingredient: Aciclovir 50 mg in every 1 g (5%).
Other ingredients: Stearoyl Macrogolglycerides, Dimethicone, Cetyl alcohol, Liquid paraffin, White Soft Paraffin, Propylene Glycol, and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options