- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Actifed Multi-action Dry Coughs Liquid 100ml
- Clears Catarrh
- Multi-Action Formula
- Dries & Unblocks running/stuffy noses
- Relives a dry tickly cough
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
A multi-action liquid which helps relieve dry, tickly coughs and helps relieve nasal congestion. Contains 3 active ingredients to relieve dry coughs, dry secretions in the nose and chest and relieve nasal & sinus congestion. This medicine causes drowsiness which helps if the cough is disturbing your sleep.
Like all medicines, Multi-Action Actifed Dry Coughs can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them. If you experience any of the following, stop taking this medicine and seek immediate medical help:
- Trouble passing water (especially in men with prostate problems)
- Inflammation of the colon due to insufficient blood supply (ischaemic colitis). Symptoms may include sudden abdominal pain or rectal bleeding. If you experience any of the following, stop using this medicine and talk to your doctor:
- Sudden onset of fever, reddening of the skin, or many small pustules (possible symptoms of Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis - AGEP) may occur within the first 2 days of treatment with this medicine (See section 2 of PIL).
- Feeling unusually tired, unexpected bruising or bleeding and getting more infections (such as colds) than normal.
- Swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing.
- Allergic reactions including skin rashes such as hives (which may be severe and include blistering or peeling of the skin) and itching.
- Hallucinations, paranoid delusions or fits
- Severe headache, nausea, vomiting, confusion, visual disturbances
- A fast or irregular heartbeat or an increased awareness of the heartbeat (palpitations)
- Restlessness or sleep disturbances
Other effects which may occur include:
Very Common (may affect more than 1 in 10 people)
- Blurred vision
- Difficulty sleeping, dizziness, drowsiness or nervousness
- Headache Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- Difficulty performing tasks
- Thickened mucus, dry mouth, upset stomach or nausea
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1000 people)
- Feeling tired
- Stomach pain, diarrhoea or vomiting
- Dry throat or nose or nose bleeds
- High blood pressure
- Anxiety, irritability or feeling jittery or feelings of extreme happiness
- Low blood pressure Other effects which may occur but it is not known how often
- Depression or feeling confused
- Tremors, shakiness or slurred speech
- Heart attack/reduced blood flow to the heart which can cause discomfort or pain in the chest, neck, back, jaw, shoulders or arms (known as angina).
- Tingling or numbness of the hands or feet (Pins and needles)
- Dependence and addiction
- Shallow breathing
- Pain when passing water
- Reduced blood flow to the optic nerve (Ischaemic optic neuropathy)
Reporting of side-effects
If you get any side-effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side-effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at:www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side-effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults and children over 12 years: Two 5ml spoonfuls every four to six hours.
Children 6 to 12 years: One 5ml spoonful to be given every four to six hours. No more than four doses in 24 hours.
Not suitable for children under six years. Do not use if you suffer from high blood pressure or heart disease. Do not use if you are taking MAOI drugs or within two weeks of stopping MAOI drugs. If you are unsure, speak to your pharmacist before using. Side effects may include headache, palpitations and sleeplessness.
Each 5ml spoonful contains Dextromethorphan 10mg, Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 30mg and Triprolidine hydrochloride 1.25mg.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options