- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Opticrom Hayfever 2% Eye Drops
Soothes and relieves eye symptoms of hayfever
Relieves itching, redness, soreness, watery eyes and puffy eyelids
Suitable from 6 years
Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops are for relief and treatment from itchy, irritated and dry eyes caused from hayfever and allergens containing the active ingredient Sodium Cromoglycate 2.0% w/v.
Allergen Eye Drops are for the relief and treatment of allergic red, watery, itchy and puffy eyes caused by hayfever, house mites and other particles e.g. pet hairs.
When allergens and irritants come in contact with sensitive eyes, chemicals are released within the eye area which can cause them to be itchy, red and watery. Modern lifestyles can cause eyes to be come irritated, dry and tired and Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops can help deliver quick relief from these irritating symptoms.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody
Stop using this medicine and see a doctor as soon as possible if:
• The itching, redness or swelling gets worse. You may be allergic to this medicine.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects get serious or
last longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in
• Stinging or burning in your eyes or blurring of eyesight. This should only last
for a short time and occur immediately after using the eye drops.
• Mild eye irritation.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes
any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects
directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search
for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store. By reporting side
effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Keep out of the sight and reach of children.
Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle label
and carton after EXP. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
This medicine does not require any special storage conditions before opening the
bottle and after opening the bottle, do not store above 25°C. This medicine is
sterile when you buy it, so you must not keep it for more than four weeks after
opening the bottle.
Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your
pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use.
These measures will help protect the environment.
Always use this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor
or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are
How to use this medicine
• Wash your hands.
• Before using the medication for the first time,
be sure that the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck
is unbroken. A gap between the bottle and the cap
is normal for an unopened bottle.
• Remove the cap from the bottle.
• Tilt your head back.
• Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without
touching your eye.
• Close your eye.
• Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a
• Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it.
• Repeat in the other eye if needed.
How much to use
• One or two drops in each eye four times a day, or as directed by your doctor.
• If your symptoms worsen or do not improve, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use this medicine
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to sodium cromoglicate or any of the other
ingredients of this medicine (listed in Section 6).
Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems,
swelling of your lips, face, throat, tongue and worsening of redness, itching or
swelling of the eye or eyelid.
Do not use this medicine if the above applies to you. If you are not sure, talk to
your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you wear soft
contact lenses. You should not wear contact lenses while using these drops.
If you are not sure if the above applies to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
before using this medicine.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are
planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking
• The active substance is sodium cromoglicate. Each 1ml of eye drops contains
20mg of sodium cromoglicate (2.0% w/v). One drop contains 0.7mg of
• The other ingredients are disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options