- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Rhinolast Nasal Spray (140 Sprays)
- Used to treat allergic rhinitis
- Reduce inflammation caused by allergies such as hay fever
- Helps to control symptoms of runny nose, sneezing, itching or blocked nose
- Contains antihistamines
- Each pack contains 140 sprays
Hay Fever Doctor Service
Rhinolast belongs to a group of medicines called antihistamines. These work by preventing the effects of histamine that the body produces as part of an allergic reaction.
Rhinolast is used to treat allergic rhinitis. This is an allergy which may affect you only at certain times of the year (for example, allergy to pollen, called hay fever), or all year round (for example, allergy to the house dust mites or dog and cat hairs).
Usually it affects you by causing a runny nose, sneezing, itching or blocked nose. Rhinolast should help control these symptoms. Suitable for adults & children aged 6 years & older.
You can order Rhinolast spray online from our UK registered online pharmacy and doctor service. To see if you are suitable for this treatment, complete the online assessment and checkout. Our UK registered doctors will review the order and after approval pass the prescription to the Pharmacy team. We will then dispense and dispatch your order to your chosen address.
Rhinolast is a widely used and effective rhinitis treatment however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find that this medicine is not effective for you, you may want to try another alternative treatment.
Other treatments for hayfever and allergies are available at Rightdose:
- Dymista Nasal Spray
- Pirinase hayfever Nasal Spray
- Avamys Nasal Spray
- Beconase Nasal Spray
A good self care guide and information for hay fever is available on the NHS website.
NHS - Hay fever
What Can You Do To Ease Your Symptoms When The Pollen Count Is High?
- Keep windows and doors shut as much as possible
- Wear wraparound sunglasses to stop pollen getting into your eyes
- Stay indoors whenever possible
- Put Vaseline around your nostrils to trap pollen
- Shower and change your clothes after you have been outside to wash pollen off
- Vacuum regularly and dust with a damp cloth
- Buy a pollen filter for the air vents in your car and a vacuum cleaner with a HEPA filter
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
These effects include:
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people):
An unpleasant taste in your mouth especially if you tilt your head backwards when you are using the nasal spray. In rare cases the unpleasant taste might cause you to feel sick.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
Slight irritation of the inside of the nose (stinging, itching), sneezing and epistaxis (bleeding nose).
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in 10,000 people):
Hypersensitivity reactions (such as rash, pruritus, urticaria).
For a full list of side effects, please read the Patient Information Leaflet.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Patient Information Leaflet Rhinolast Nasal Spray (140 Sprays)
Rhinolast is not recommended for use in children below 6 years of age.
Other medicines and Rhinolast
Even if Rhinolast is not known to be affected by other medicines, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
Driving and using machines
Rhinolast has no influence on the ability to drive and use machines.
How to store Rhinolast
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date which is printed on the bottle label and the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of the month.
- Once you have opened the bottle do not use it for longer than six months.
- Do not store the spray in the fridge or below 8°C.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
How to use Rhinolast nasal spray
Always use this medicine exactly as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Don’t exceed the recommended dose. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you’re not sure.
If you are not sure of the dose that is right for you. Your dose will be shown clearly on the label that your pharmacist puts on your medicine. If it does not, or you are not sure, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Adults and children 6 years and older:
- The usual dose is one squirt into each nostril in the morning and then again in the evening.
How to use the spray
- Blow your nose first.
- Remove the protective cap.
- Before the first use, press the pump several times until an even spray emerges. Spray once into each nostril keeping your head upright. Do not tilt your head backwards.
- Wipe the pump nozzle and replace the protective cap.
If you use more Rhinolast than you should
If you spray too much Rhinolast into your nose you are unlikely to have any problems. Contact your doctor if you are worried.
If anyone, especially a child, accidentally drinks Rhinolast, contact your doctor or local hospital casualty department immediately.
If you accidentally get Rhinolast in your eyes, bathe them with plenty of water.
They may sting for a while.
If you forget to use Rhinolast
Use the spray as soon as you remember, then take the next dose at the usual time. Do not take a double dose to make up for a missed dose.
If you have any further questions on the use of this medicine, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not use Rhinolast:
If you are allergic to azelastine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Rhinolast.
What Rhinolast contains
The active substance is azelastine hydrochloride 0.1% w/v. Each squirt provides 140 micrograms azelastine hydrochloride.
The other ingredients are hypromellose, disodium edetate, citric acid, disodium phosphate dodecahydrate, sodium
chloride and purified water.
What Rhinolast looks like and contents of the pack
Rhinolast is a clear spray solution.
It comes in a polythene or glass bottle containing 5, 10, 20 or 22ml. Not all pack sizes may be marketed.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options