- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Zelleta 75mcg - Desogestrel - 84 Tablets (3 month course)
- Highly effective oral contraceptive pill used to prevent pregnancy
- Progesterone only pill - lower risk for developing thrombosis
- Can be used by women who do not tolerate oestrogens and by women who are breastfeeding
- Synthetic version of the natural Progestogen - doesn’t contain an Oestrogen
- Take at the same time every day
- 3-month pack
Contraception Doctor Service
Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets contains a small amount of one type of female sexhormone, the progestogen desogestrel.
- Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets is distinct from other mini-pills in having a dose that in most cases is high enough to prevent the egg cell from ripening. As a result, Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets provide high contraceptive efficacy.
- Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets are called a progestogen-only-pill (POP), or a mini-pill. Contrary to the combined pill, the POP or mini-pill does not contain anoestrogen hormone next to the progestogen.
- Most POPs or minipills work primarily by preventing the sperm cells fromentering the womb but they do not always prevent the egg cell from ripening, which is the main way that combined pills.
- In contrast to the combined pill, Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets can be used by women who do not tolerate oestrogens and by women who are breastfeeding.
Desogestrel works mainly by stopping your ovaries from releasing an egg each month (ovulation). It also increases the thickness of the natural mucus at the neck of the womb, making it more difficult for sperm to cross from the vagina into the womb, as well as thinning the womb lining (endometrium), making it more difficult for any successfully fertilized eggs to implant there.
The risk to develop Deep venous thrombosis is a rare occurrence, although is higher in Pill-users than in non-users. The risk with progestogen-only pills like Zelletta is believed to be lower than in users of Pills that also contain oestrogens (combined Pills).
A disadvantage is that vaginal bleeding may occur at irregular intervals during the use of Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets. You also may not have any bleeding at all.
You must talk to your doctor if you do not feel better or if you feel worse after taking the pill.
Zelletta tablets are not recommended for use in adolescents under 18 years. The safety and efficacy of this contraceptive tablet in this age group has not been established.
Which pill is right for me?
Prescribers will take a thorough medical history before choosing the right contraceptive pill for you. For most people, the combined contraceptive pill works best. For those who are over 35, smoke, suffer from migraine or have other risk factors your doctor will look into, the Progesterone-only pill may be more suitable.
Like all medicines, Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets can cause side effects,although not everybody gets them. Tell your doctor if you notice anyunwanted effect, especially if severe or persistent.
Serious side effects associated with the use of Zelleta 75 micrograms
Tablets are described in section 2 “Before you take Zelleta 75 microgramsTablets”. Please read this section for additional information on ‘Breast cancer’and ‘Thrombosis’, and consult your doctor at once where appropriate.
Vaginal bleeding may occur at irregular intervalswhile using Zelleta75 micrograms Tablets. This may be just slight staining which may not evenrequire a pad, or heavier bleeding, which looks rather like a scanty period.You may need to use tampons or sanitary towels. You may also not have anybleeding at all. Irregular bleeding is not a sign that Zelleta 75 microgramsTablets is not working. In general, you need not take any action; just continuet o take Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets.
If bleeding is heavy or prolonged you should consult your doctor.
Common (affecting less than 1 in 10 women):
- mood changes, depressedmood, decreased sexual drive (libido), headache, nausea, acne, breast pain,irregular or no periods, weight increase.
Uncommon (affecting less than 1 in 100 women):
- infection of the vagina, difficulties in wearing contact lenses, vomiting, hair loss, painful periods,ovarian cysts, tiredness.
Rare (affecting less than 1 in 1000 women):
- skin conditions such as: rash,hives, painful blue-red skin lumps (erythema nodosum)Not known (cannot be estimated from the available data) allergic reaction.
For a full list of side effects, read the Patient Information Leaflet.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Patient Information Leaflet Zelletta 75 micrograms Tablets - Desogestrel (3x28 Tablets)
Pregnancy, breastfeeding and fertility
Do not use Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets if you are pregnant, or think youmay be pregnant.
Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets may be used while you are breastfeeding. Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets does not appear to influence the production or the quality of breast milk. However, there have been infrequent reports of a decrease in breast milk production while using Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets.
A small amount of the active substance of Zelleta 75 microgramsTablets passes over into the milk. The health of children who were breastfed for 7 months while their mothers were using another desogestrel-only pill has been studied up to 2.5 years of age. No effects on the growth and development of the children were observed.
If you are breastfeeding and want to use Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets, please contact your doctor.
Driving and Using Machines
There are no indications of any effect of the use of Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets on alertness and concentration.
Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets contain lactose
Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets contains lactose (milk sugar). Please contact your doctor before taking Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets if you have been told by your doctor that you are intolerant to some sugars.
When you are using Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets, your doctor will tell you to return for regular check-ups. In general, the frequency and nature of thesec heck-ups will depend on your personal situation.
How to store Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets
- Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Do not use this medicine after the expiry date stated on the package. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets do not require any special storage conditions.
- Do not throw away any medicines via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to throw away medicines you no longer use. These measures will help protect the environment.
Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets, like other hormonal contraceptives, does not protect against HIV infection (AIDS) or any other sexually transmitted disease.
Do not take Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets
- if you have a thrombosis. Thrombosis is the formation of a blood clot ina blood vessel e.g. of the legs (deep venous thrombosis) or the lungs(pulmonary embolism).
- If you are allergic to any of the ingredients of Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets.
- if you have or have had jaundice (yellowing of the skin) or severe liverdisease and your liver is still not working normally.
- if you have or if you are suspected of to have a cancer that is sensitive tosex-steroids, such as certain types of breast cancer.
- if you have any unexplained vaginal bleeding.Tell your doctor before you start to use Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets if anyof these conditions apply to you.Consult your doctor immediately if any of these conditions appear for the firsttime while using Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before taking Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets
- you have ever had breast cancer.• you have liver cancer, since a possible effect of Zelleta 75 microgramsTablets cannot be excluded.
- you have ever had a thrombosis.
- you have diabetes.
- you suffer from epilepsy
- you suffer from tuberculosis
- you have high blood pressure
- you have or have had chloasma (yellowish-brown pigmentation patches onthe skin, particularly of the face); if so avoid too much exposure to the sunor ultraviolet radiation.
When Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets are used in the presence of any ofthese conditions, you may need to be kept under close observation. Your doctor can explain what to do.
Some women using hormonal contraceptives including Desogestrel have reported depression or depressed mood. Depression can be serious and may sometimes lead to suicidal thoughts. If you experience mood changes and depressive symptoms contact your doctor for further medical advice as soon as possible.
What Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets contains
The active substance is desogestrel.
Each tablet contains 75 micrograms ofdesogestrel.
The other ingredients are: Lactose anhydrous, all-rac-α-tocopherol, Povidone,Potato starch, Silica colloidal anhydrous, Stearic acid.
What Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets look like and contents of the pack
Each tablet is round, uncoated, biconvex, debossed with ‘152’ on one sideand other side plain. Each box of Zelleta 75 micrograms Tablets contains 1, 3,6 or 13 strips of 28 tablets each. Each carton contains blisters packed separately in an aluminium laminated sachet. Packs may be marketed with or without a desiccant.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options