Bioderma Photoderm Kid SPF50+ Sun Spray 200ml
There are discounts available on this item!
3 for 2 Sun & Holiday
- Specific very high UVA/UVB protection
- Optimal protection for children's fragile and sensitive skin
- Suitable for all the family (children 12 months+)
- Very water resistant - withstands repeated bathing
- Activates the skin's natural defences and protects from risks of cellular damage
- Approved by pediatricians
- Non-comedogenic - No greasy effect - Fragrance free
Bioderma Photoderm Kid Spray is a sun cream with very high protection designed for children's skin and approved by pediatricians.
Children’s skin presents characteristics that make it fragile and more sensitive. It requires special skincare products to stay healthy and adapt to its environment. Young children’s skin requires specific high protection that provides the best safety guarantees.
Photoderm Kid Spray is very water resistant, it withstands repeated bathing. It has an easy to use sprayformat for several times a day and has a natural colour as due to the combination of filters. This sun cream offers a very high UVA/UVB protection for sensitive skin and activates the skin's natural defences and protects from risks of cellular damage.
- Very good tolerance
- Very water resistant
- Non-comedogenic - No greasy effect
- Fragrance free
Suitable for all the family (children older than 12 months).
What happens in your skin
All Bioderma products are formulated according to the ecobiology principles, which is at the heart of NAOS approach to respect the skin's ecosystem and preserve its health in a lasting way.
The association of UVA/UVB filters and the Cellular Bioprotection™ patent provides children optimal protection against the harmful effects of UV rays as well as genuine internal biological protection. Tested under dermatological control.
This product was formulated according to the ecobiological approach of the NAOS Laboratories to take care of you. At the heart of this product:
Cellular bioprotection patent: To protect itself from cellular damage related to sun exposure, the skin relies on natural protective mechanisms that can sometimes prove to be insufficient. This patented complex reinforces the skin cells’ natural defence system to increase their resistance to the negative effects of solar radiation. This patent by NAOS Research was designed in Aix-en-Provence and developed in Bioderma's laboratories.
For more advice, please visit us on Instagram @rightdose_uk.
What are good sun care habits to follow with children?
First, keep kids in the shade and dress them in protective clothing!
It’s best to keep kids out of the sun; in fact, children under three months should NEVER be exposed. Children’s skin is thin and fragile. It has fewer defences against UV rays; sunburn and heat stroke happen faster. Physicians regularly remind us that sunburns in childhood can have very serious consequences later in life. Responsible parents must follow a few simple, essential rules.
- Do not intentionally expose them to the sun, especially between 11 am and 4 pm.
- Put protective clothing on children: a hat, sunglasses and a long-sleeve t-shirt, preferably in a dark colour.
- Apply a high protection SPF 50+ sun cream or a product specially formulated for kids every two hours.
- Remember to re-apply it after each swim or after rubbing from things like playing in the sand or wiping off with a towel;
- You should also give them water to drink often throughout the day to rehydrate them.
Tips for specific skin types in the sun
Even if only certain areas are sensitive to sun exposure, such as your face, remember to protect the rest of your body and follow standard sun safety tips, which you can read here.
During periods of sun exposure, remember to keep your skin hydrated and continue using your regular skin care products, unless advised otherwise by a physician.
It is particularly important to consult a doctor when using medicated treatments that may cause photosensitivity.
Bioderma's requirements for dermatological safety:
- Systematic, large-scale clinical studies.
- Care products are developed using a positive approach without compromising on dermatological safety.
- With the utmost respect for the skin’s natural balance.
- Rigorous cosmetovigilance.
- Continuous regulatory monitoring.
Like all skin products, Bioderma Photoderm Kid SPF50+ Sun Spray can cause side effects, however, this may be less likely.
- Do not use it, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse.
Before using any skin product, it is important to read the product information and follow the instructions on the package.
Bioderma’s Photoderm, a full range of suncare products for all types of skin and sensitivity to the sun. Prevention of skin reactions including allergies to the sun or chemical filters, sun protection for sensitive skin, sunscreen for children or babies, specific sun protection for oily to acne-prone skin, dry skin or hyperpigmented skin...
Choose a product whose texture you like, which will encourage you to apply it more regularly. You should reapply every two hours for it to be most effective. In addition, some formulas are water resistant or speed up tanning to reduce exposure time.
How do solar creams work?
Photoprotection products are designed to filter both UVB and UVA rays, with an appropriate balance between the two. Their filtering power is indicated by an SPF (Sun Protection Factor). This SPF should be chosen based on your phototype and the intensity of the sun’s radiation, which varies based on location (sea, mountains, etc.).
SPF 6 = low protection SPF 15 = moderate protection SPF 30 = high protection
SPF 50+ = very high protection
Before using any skin product, it is important to read the information and follow the instructions on the package.
Avoid exposure to the sun during the hottest hours of the day. Keep children under age 3 out of the sun.
- Shake well before use.
- Apply evenly and to the body or face before sun exposure. (Reducing the amount of product reduces the level of protection.)
- Spray into the palm of the hand before applying to the face. Do not spray toward the eyes.
- Reapply frequently and generously every two hours to maintain protection especially after swimming, running and playing sports or perspiring or towelling.
Spritz your body with a soothing and cooling spring water mist throughout the day to keep hydrated and cool.
Do not stay too long in the sun, even while using a sunscreen product because it does not provide you 100% protection.
- Excessive sun exposure is harmful to your health.
- Not suitable for children younger than 12 months.
- Avoid contact with fabrics.
- Apply to healthy skin. The colour of the product is due to the combination of filters.
- Avoid exposure when the sun’s rays are the most intense. The higher the sun is in the sky, the stronger its ultraviolet rays are. In the summer, this period runs from 11 am to 4 pm in western Europe.
- Do not stay in the sun for a long time on the pretext you have applied sun protection with a high protection factor. The aim of these products is not to increase the number of hours you are exposed but to reduce risks during exposure.
- More generally, it is best not to stay at the beach all day long.
If it is hot outside, protect your child from both heat stroke and sunburn. Make sure he or she drinks water frequently.
- Use full-coverage sunglasses with a high anti-UV index, a wide-brimmed hat and loose-fitting clothing that is long if possible (long-sleeved t-shirt and Bermuda shorts or trousers). Remember that clothing, especially dark-coloured clothing, is the best way to protect yourself.
Do not trust your impressions. Given that infrared rays cause sensations of heat and not UV rays, you can absolutely get a sunburn without feeling you have been overexposed (for example, when you are on a boat or outside on a cloudy summer day).
In the mountains, there are risks even when temperatures are very low. In fact, the shield offered by the atmosphere decreases due to altitude and so the sun is more aggressive (the amount of UVB rays that reach the skin increases by 4% every 300 metres). In addition, the glare on the snow considerably increases the amount of ultraviolet radiation that reaches the skin (snow can reflect 80% of UV rays).
Don’t be tricked by wind and water: they suppress warning signals triggered by infrared rays by reducing heating sensations, but the UV rays are still there!
A grey sky does not mean you should be less careful in relation to the sun. Indeed, many more UV rays pass through clouds than infrared rays and visible light. This may make the day cooler and less bright but it does not mean the risks related to ultraviolet radiation are reduced.
Prefer the shade to the sun, but be aware that this is not guaranteed protection. The shade does indeed provide protection from direct solar radiation but not from solar radiation reflected by the ground (grass reflects 3% of the UV rays that reach it, sand 5 to 25%, snow 30 to 80% and water 5 to 90%) or from solar radiation diffused by particles suspended in the atmosphere (at noon, 30 to 50% of the UV rays received are due to radiation diffused by atmospheric molecules).
AQUA/WATER/EAU, DICAPRYLYL CARBONATE, METHYLENE BIS-BENZOTRIAZOLYL TETRAMETHYLBUTYLPHENOL [NANO], DIISOPROPYL SEBACATE, BUTYL METHOXYDIBENZOYLMETHANE, ETHYLHEXYL TRIAZONE, GLYCERIN, DECYL GLUCOSIDE, METHYLPROPANEDIOL, C20-22 ALKYL PHOSPHATE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCRYLENE, C20-22, ALCOHOLS, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE, DISODIUM EDTA, 1,2-HEXANEDIOL, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CELLULOSE GUM, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM HYDROXIDE, RHAMNOSE, XANTHAN GUM, ECTOIN, TOCOPHEROL, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, LAMINARIA OCHROLEUCA EXTRACT. [BI 552]
The ingredients listed here are those contained in the most recent formulation of this product. As there may be a delay between its production and its distribution on the market, please refer to the ingredient list on the packaging.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options