- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Nurofen 200mg Caplets (Pack of 16)
- Provide relief from pain for up to 8 hours
- Contains effective active ingredient ibuprofen
- For mild to moderate pain.
The active ingredient (which makes the medicine work) is Ibuprofen. It belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs provide relief by changing the body’s response to pain, swelling, and high temperature.
Nurofen 200mg Tablets and Nurofen 200mg Caplets are used for
the relief of:
• Headaches and migraine pain
• Dental pain and neuralgia
• Period pain
• Rheumatic, muscular and back pain
• Feverishness and symptoms of cold and flu
• The pain of non-serious arthritis.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
This product is for short term use only. You should take the lowest
dose for the shortest time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
Take 1 or 2 tablets with water, up to three times a day as required.
Leave at least four hours between doses. Do not take more than
6 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
In children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
If in children and adolescents this medicinal product is required for
more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be
Do not take Nurofen 200mg Tablets or Nurofen 200mg Caplets if you:
• are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients
(see section 6) or to aspirin or other painkillers
• have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
• have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or
facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or
• have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously
taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
• are taking other NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs)
• are taking more than 75mg of aspirin a day. If you are on
low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily) speak to your doctor or
pharmacist before you take this medicine
• have severe liver or kidney problems
• have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood
• have breathing difficulties
• are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
• are under 12 years old.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this product
• have or have had asthma
• have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
• have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack
• have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative
colitis, Crohn's disease)
• have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune
system causing joint pain skin changes and other organ disorders)
• are a smoker
• are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Taking other medicines
To reduce the risk of side effects, do not take this product with
other NSAID containing products (e.g. aspirin, ibuprofen…). If you
are on low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily), speak to your doctor or
pharmacist before you take this medicine.
Nurofen may affect or be affected by some other medicines.
Avoid taking this product with corticosteroid tablets, quinolone
antibiotics or drugs that are prescribed:
• medicines that are anti-coagulants (i.e. thin blood/prevent clotting
e.g. aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine)
• to stimulate your heart (e.g. glycosides),
• medicines that reduce high blood pressure (ACE-inhibitors such
as captopril, beta-blockers such as atenolol medicines,
angiotensin-II receptor antagonists such as losartan)
• to help you passing water (diuretics),
• for the temporary suppression of your immune system
(e.g. methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus)
• for mania or depression (e.g. Lithium or SSRIs)
• for pregancy termination (e.g. mifepristone)
• for HIV treatment (e.g. zidovudine).
Some other medicines may also affect or be affected by the treatment of
Nurofen. You should therefore always seek the advice of your doctor or
pharmacist before you use Nurofen with other medicines.
• Nurofen 200mg Tablets and Nurofen 200mg Caplets belongs to
a group of medicines which may impair fertility in women. This is
reversible on stopping the medicine. It is unlikely that Nurofen
200mg Tablets and Nurofen 200mg Caplets, used occasionally
will affect your chances of becoming pregnant. However, tell
your doctor before taking this medicine if you have problems
• Anti-inflammatory/pain-killer medicines such as ibuprofen may be
associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke,
particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the
recommended dose or duration of treatment.
• You should discuss your treatment with your doctor or pharmacist
before taking Nurofen if you:
- have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest
pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery,
peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs or feet due
to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke (including
‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack “TIA”).
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a
family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a smoker.
• There is a risk of renal impairment in dehydrated children and
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Tell your doctor if you become pregnant whilst taking Nurofen.
Do not take this medicine in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Avoid
the use of this medicine in the first 6 months of pregnancy, unless
the doctor advises otherwise.
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if you
Important information about some of the ingredients
The quantity of sodium contained in 2 tablets is approximately
1.1mmol, ie about 25.3 mg. This quantity is to be taken into
consideration by patients on a controlled sodium diet. If you have
been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some
sugars, contact your doctor before taking this medicine
The active ingredient is:
They also contain:
Sucrose, Sodium Citrate, Talc, Croscarmellose
Sodium, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Silicon Dioxide, Acacia,
Carmellose Sodium, Sodium Laurilsulphate, Macrogol and Black Ink
(contains Shellac, Iron Oxide Black (E172) and Propylene Glycol).
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options