- FREE delivery on orders over £25
- Order by 2pm for next day delivery options
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Otex Sodium Bicarbonate Ear Drops 10ml
- Gently softens and helps remove hardened ear wax
- In many cases avoids the need for ear syringing.
- Clinically recommended
- Otex ear drops are used to help remove hardened wax from the ear canal.
- Otex is suitable for use by adults, children and the elderly.
Like all medicines, Otex can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- A temporary mild bubbling sensation in the ear can occur (due to the release of oxygen as the drops break down the ear wax).
- The ear drops can make the symptoms of excessive ear wax worse, including some discomfort, irritation or pain, loss of hearing, dizziness and tinnitus (ringing sound in the ear).
- Very rarely, an unpleasant taste has been reported. Stop using the ear drops immediately if this happens and tell your doctor.
Stop using this product and tell your doctor or pharmacist if:
- symptoms persist or, if any of the side effects get serious
- or you notice any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
Reporting of side effects.
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side
effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/Yellowcard. By reporting side effects you can help provide more information on the safety of this medicine
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
- Discard 4 weeks after first opening.
- Repeat Twice Daily for up to 5 days.
- Leave for a few minutes and then wipe away surplus with tissue.
- Tilt head and gently squeeze 3 to 4 drops into the ear without touching the ear with the dropper.
- Wash hands after use.
- Always replace the cap tightly after use and return the bottle to carton.
- Do not use after the use by date shown on the end of the carton and on the bottle.
Do not use if:
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
- You have a history of ear problems, unless under close supervision of your doctor, nurse or pharmacist
- You are putting anything else in the ear (such as other ear drops ar a hearing aid)
- Your ear drum is (or has been) damaged
- You suffer from dizziness
- There is anything else wrong with your ear (such as pain, swelling, discharge, infection or tinnitis)
- The dropper is broken or damaged
- You have had your ear syinged in the last 2 to 3 days, or tried to remove ear wax with your fingernails, cotton buds or other implements, as this could make it painful to use the ear drops
If in doubt, consult a doctor,nurse or pharmacist before use.
If irritation or pain occurs during use, or if symptoms persist, stop treatment and ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Sodium bicarbinate, glycerol, dichlorobenzyl and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options