- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm for next day delivery options
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
theiCal-D3 1000mg/880 IU Calcium / Colecalciferol - Chewable Tablets (Pack of 30)
- Treats the lack of Calcium and Vitamin D
- Supportive treatment of Osteoporosis
- Chewable tablets
- Daily dosage
TheiCal-D3 1000 mg/880 IU chewable tablets is a calcium-vitamin D3-supplement.
It is used:
- to prevent and treat a lack of calcium and vitamin D in the elderly.
- for vitamin D- and calcium supplementation as supportive treatment of osteoporosis (brittle bones).
The active substances are calcium and colecalciferol.
Each chewable tablet contains 2,500 mg of calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1,000 mg of calcium) and 8.8 mg of colecalciferol concentrate (powder form) (equivalent to 22 micrograms of colecalciferol = 880 IU of vitamin D3).
This pack contains 30 round, white chewable tablets with faultless surface and a breakmark.
The tablet can be divided into equal halves.
For more advice, please visit us on Instagram @rightdose_uk.
Like all medicines, TheiCal-D3 1000 mg/880 IU chewable tablets can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop taking TheiCal-D3 1000 mg/880 IU chewable tablets and contact a doctor immediately if you experience the following allergic reaction:
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- sudden difficulty breathing
- severe rash
Rare side effects:
- Feeling sick (nausea), diarrhoea, abdominal pain, constipation, wind, bloating (abdominal distension).
- Rash, itching, hives.
Uncommon side effects:
High levels of calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia) or urine (hypercalciuria).
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
Do not use it, if you are allergic to any of the ingredients.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Keep out of the reach and sight of children.
Do not use TheiCal-D3 1000 mg/880 IU chewable tablets after the expiry date (EXP) which is stated on the carton and on the tablet container or on the laminated aluminium paper foil. The expiry date (EXP) refers to the last day of that month.
Keep the tablet container tightly closed in order to protect from moisture.
Always take TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets exactly as described in this leaflet. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
If not told otherwise by your doctor the usual dose is:
Adults and elderly take 1 chewable tablet daily (corresponding to 1,000 mg of calcium and 880 IU
(International Units) of vitamin D3).
Pregnant women take only half a chewable tablet daily (corresponding to 500 mg of calcium and 440 IU
(International Units) of vitamin D3). The daily dose of half a tablet must not be exceeded.
Method of administration
The tablet has to be chewed before it is swallowed. You can take your daily dosage at any time, with or without food.
In the 2 hours before or after eating food containing high amounts of oxalic acid (contained in spinach and rhubarb) or phytic acid (contained in wholegrain cereals) patients should not take medicinal products that contain calcium.
Duration of treatment
TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets should be taken as a long-term treatment. Talk to your doctor
how long you should take TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets (see also section 2, Take special care with TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets)
If you forget to take your tablets, take it as soon as you remember. However, do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten tablet.
Do not take TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets:
- if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to calcium, vitamin D3 or any of the other ingredients of TheiCalD3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets
- if you have high levels of calcium in your blood (hypercalcaemia)
- if you have increased excretion of calcium with your urine (hypercalciuria)
- if you suffer from overactive parathyroid glands (hyperparathyroidism)
- if you suffer from bone marrow cancer (myeloma)
- if you suffer from cancer that has affected your bones (bone metastases).
- if you have a restraint of the limbs (prolonged immobilisation) accompanied with hypercalcaemia and /
- if you have kidney stones (nephrolithiasis)
- if you have calcium deposits in your kidneys (nephrocalcinosis)
- if you suffer from an excessive supply of vitamin D (hypervitaminosis D)
- if you have severe kidney problems
TheiCal-D3 tablets are not intended for use in children and adolescents.
Take special care with TheiCal-D3 1000 mg / 880 IU chewable tablets
- during long-term treatment the levels of calcium in your blood and urine and your kidney function have to be monitored regularly. This is especially important if you have a tendency to develop kidney stones. Depending on your blood levels your doctor might reduce the dosage or discontinue the treatment.
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Active substances are:
Calcium and colecalciferol. Each chewable tablet contains 2,500 mg of calcium carbonate (equivalent to 1,000 mg of calcium) and 8.8 mg of colecalciferol concentrate (powder form) (equivalent to 22 micrograms of colecalciferol = 880 IU of vitamin D3).
Other ingredients are:
Isomalt (E953), xylitol, sorbitol (E420), citric acid, anhydrous, sodium dihydrogen citrate, magnesium stearate, carmellose sodium, flavour orange “CPB” and flavour orange “CVT” (which both contain sorbitol (E420)), aspartame (E951), acesulfam potassium, sodium ascorbate, all-rac-alpha-tocopherol, modified (maize) starch, sucrose, triglycerides medium chain and silicon dioxide colloidal.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options