- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Difflam 3mg Lozenges Orange & Honey (Pack of 20)
- Local anti-inflammatory
- Relieves throat pain and mouth irritation
- Active ingredient: benzydamine
Difflam contains the active substance benzydamine hydrochloride, which is a local anti-inflammatory agent.
Difflam is used in adults and children above 6 years of age for symptomatic local treatment for the relief of
pain and irritation of the mouth and throat.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side-effects, although not everybody gets them. Allergic reactions are rare but can be serious.
Tell your doctor immediately if you get any sudden swelling in the mouth/ throat, difficulty breathing, rash or itching especially if affecting the whole body.
Uncommon (may affect up to 1 in 100 people):
• Skin sensitivity to sunlight (causing a rash or sunburn).
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
• Burning sensation or dryness of the mouth. If this happens to you, try sipping a glass of water to reduce the effect.
Very rare (may affect up to 1 in every 10,000 people)
• Sudden swelling in the mouth/throat and mucous membranes (angioedema).
• Difficulty breathing (laryngospasm).
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data):
• Local loss of sensitivity of the oral mucosa (hypaesthesia oral)
• Allergic reaction (Hypersensitivity)
• Serious allergic reaction (anaphylactic shock), signs of which may include difficulty breathing, chest pain or chest tightness, and/ or feeling dizzy/faint, severe itching of the skin or raised lumps on the skin, swelling of the face, lips, tongue and /or throat, and which may be potentially life-threatening.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
The recommended dose is:
Adults and children over 6 years old: one lozenge 3 times a day. Do not take more than 3 lozenges per day.
Use in children
Children from 6 to 11 years old: this medicinal product should be administered under adult supervision. Children under the age of 6 years old should not be given Difflam Lozenges. Let one lozenge dissolve slowly in your mouth up to three times a day. Do not swallow. Do not chew. Difflam should not be used for more than 7 days. If after using the lozenges your throat gets worse or does not feel better, speak to your pharmacist or doctor
Do not take Difflam Lozenges:
• If you are allergic to benzydamine or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
• If you suffer from a condition known as phenylketonuria.
• If you are allergic to salicylic acid or to other anti-inflammatory painkillers called NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen).
The active substance is benzydamine
• Each lozenge contains 3 mg of benzydamine hydrochloride (equivalent to 2.68 mg benzydamine).
• The other ingredients are isomalt (E 953), acesulfame potassium, citric acid monohydrate, orange flavour,
honey flavour, levomenthol, quinoline yellow (E 104), sunset yellow (E 110).
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options