Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05% w/v Oromucosal Spray - Menthol 30ml (100 doses)
- Dual action - antibacterial & anaesthetic
- Local anaesthetic numbs the pain instant
- Antiseptic formula fights infection
- Free from nuts, artificial flavours and colours
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs
- Sugar-free medicine, can be used by diabetics
Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05% w/v Oromucosal Spray - Menthol 30ml contains chlorhexidine - an antiseptic -, and also lidocaine which is a local pain killer.
This medicine relieves the symptoms of painful, irritated sore throats in adults, the elderly and children over 12 years.
Covonia Sore Throat Spray is a dual-action formula to numb pain and fight infection.
It works in two ways:
- Firstly, the lidocaine which is a local anaesthetic, numbs the pain.
- Secondly, contains chlorhexidine which acts as an antiseptic/antibacterial formula.
Lidocaine Hydrochloride 0.05%
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 0.2%
- Free from nuts, artificial flavours, artificial colours.
- Suitable for vegetarians, vegans and coeliacs.
- It is a sugar-free medicine which can be used by diabetics.
For more advice, please visit us on Instagram @rightdose_uk.
Like all medicines, Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05% w/v Oromucosal Spray - Menthol can have side effects, although these don’t affect everyone.
If you experience any of the following reactions stop using Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05% w/v Oromucosal Spray and get immediate medical help:
- a strange metallic taste in the mouth
- wheezing or difficulty breathing
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
- a red itchy skin rash
- feeling faint and dizzy, collapse
Other side effects:
- Taste disturbances
- Temporary discolouration of the teeth and tongue
- Skin sensitivity
- Burning sensation on the tongue
- Swelling of salivary glands
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, our Rightdose pharmacists or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Covonia Sore Throat Oromucosal Spray can be taken by children aged 12 years and over. Always read the recommended dose on the back label of the bottle.
- Do not use after the expiry date shown on the carton. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Keep it out of the sight and reach of children.
- Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before use if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not store above 25°C.
- Medicine should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of any unused medicine. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Please read the Patient Information Leaflet (PIL) carefully before you start using this medicine. It includes other information which might be especially important for you. Keep the leaflet. You may need to read it again.
Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Turn the tube.
- Point the spray nozzle towards the back of your throat and press the spray button.
- After each use turn the tube back down to close the spray.
- If after a number of applications the spray nozzle gets blocked the pump will malfunction. To correct this problem, remove the spray tube from the pump and clean it in a cup of hot water for a few minutes. Allow it to dry before fixing the tube back onto the pump.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years
• Spray 3 to 5 times for one application.
• Apply 6 to 10 times a day.
Do not give to children under 12 unless your doctor tells you to.
- If you accidentally swallow some liquid straight from the bottle, see a doctor straight away. Take the pack with you to show which medicine you have swallowed.
Do not take/use Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05% w/v Oromucosal Spray:
- If you have difficulty in swallowing.
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to chlorhexidine gluconate or any of the other ingredients of Covonia Throat Spray.
- If you have an allergy to any other local anaesthetics.
- Under 12 years old.
Special warnings and precautions
Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05%w/v Oromucosal Spray may in rare cases cause severe allergic reactions, leading to a drop in blood pressure and even to unconsciousness. Early symptoms of a severe allergic reaction may be skin rash or asthma. If you notice these symptoms, stop using Covonia Sore Throat Spray and contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Talk to your doctor if you have:
• A history of allergies.
• A severe sore throat.
• A sore throat which has lasted for more than 2 days or is accompanied by high temperature, headache, nausea or sickness. You may need another medicine in these cases.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
• Beta blockers or other medicines for heart problems (e.g. propranolol, mexiletine).
• Medicine for a stomach ulcer (e.g. cimetidine).
• Diuretics, which help remove fluids from the body.
• Medicine for epilepsy (e.g. phenytoin or other barbiturates).
Pregnant or breastfeeding:
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine if you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding. Covonia Sore Throat 0.2%/0.05%w/v Oromucosal Spray should not be used in pregnancy unless the doctor has told you to do so. Lidocaine, one of the active ingredients, can be absorbed through the skin and pass into breast milk in small amounts.
Important information about the ingredients:
This medicinal product contains 30.4 vol% ethanol (alcohol), i.e. up to 120mg per application (5 sprays), equivalent to 0.65ml beer, 0.25ml wine per dose. Harmful to those suffering from alcoholism. To be taken into account in pregnant or breastfeeding women, children and high risk groups such as patients with liver disease or epilepsy.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 0.2% w/v, lidocaine hydrochloride 0.05% w/v.
Citric acid (E330), glycerol (E422), saccharin sodium (E954), menthol, eucalyptol, ethanol and purified water.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options