- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Cystopurin 3g Granules (6 Sachets)
- Effective relief from the symptoms of cystitis
- Relieves burning and stinging pain within a few hours
- With natural cranberry extraxt
- 48 hour treatment
Cystopurin is a low-sodium 48 hour treatment for the symptoms of cystitis. Each pack contains 6 sachets which mix with water to make cranberry flavour drinks.
Cystopurin works by counteracting the acidity of your urine, helping to relieve the burning, stinging pain on passing water.
Beginning the Cystopurin treatment at the first signs of attack will usually help you feel better within a few hours.
Suitable for adults and children aged 6 years and above.
Like all medicines, Cystopurin can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Some people may experience:
• Slight increase in passing urine.
• Stomach irritation. This can be minimised by diluting the content of the sachets with extra water or by taking it with or after meals.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before using this product. Follow the directions below closely. You should ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are unsure how to use this medicine.
Cystopurin is taken as a drink.
Adults and the elderly:
• Take the contents of one sachet dissolved in a small glass of cold water (200ml), three times daily for two days.
• All six sachets must be taken to complete the course of treatment.
Children over 6 years:
• Use only after advice from your Doctor, and follow his/her
Cystopurin is not recommended for children under 6 years.
You should also to drink as much water as possible (at least 8 glasses per day).
DO NOT take Cystopurin:
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to
potassium citrate or any of the other
ingredients of Cystopurin
Before taking Cystopurin, consult your doctor if:
• You are a man.
• You are under 18 years of age.
• You have a history of heart problems or kidney disease.
• Your urine is dark or cloudy, or has blood in it.
• You have unusually heavy vaginal discharge.
• You have stomach, groin or back pain.
• You have high body temperature and
• You suffer from phenylketonuria, since this product contains aspartame.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Cystopurin:
The granules contain aspartame, a source of phenylalanine. This may be harmful to people with phenylketonuria.
Taking other medicines:
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. In particular, tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
• Diuretics that retain potassium, such as amiloride.
• Aldosterone antagonists, such as spironolactone.
• ACE inhibitors or aliskiren (for high blood pressure).
• Angiotensin-II receptor antagonists, such as losartan (for high blood pressure or heart failure).
• Methenamine (an antibacterial).
• Ciclosporin or tacrolimus (immunosuppressants used to reduce risk of organ transplant rejection).
Taking Cystopurin with food and drink:
Cystopurin granules should be diluted in water. They can be taken with or without food. While suffering from cystitis avoid alcohol, fruit juices, coffee and strong tea. You should also try to drink as much water as possible (at least 8 glasses per day).
Pregnancy and breast-feeding:
As with all medicines, Cystopurin should not be taken during pregnancy or breast-feeding, unless you are advised to do so by your doctor
What Cystopurin contains:
• The active substance is potassium citrate (3g).
• The other ingredients are mannitol (E421), citric acid (E330), aspartame (E951), natural cranberry flavours
(flavours contain cranberry extracts with sugar and ethanol).
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options