Lemsip Max Cold & Flu Capsules (Pack of 16)
- Contains Paracetamol, Caffeine, Phenylephrine Hydrochloride
- For releiving symptoms of cold and flu
Buy Lemsip Max Cold & Flu Capsules Online
Lemsip Max Cold & Flu Capsules contain a combination of ingredients which are effective in
relieving the symptoms associated with colds and flu, including relief of aches and pains, sore throats,
headache, nasal congestion and lowering of temperature.
Paracetamol is a well-known painkiller (analgesic). It is effective against aches and pains, including a
headache, and can also reduce a fever (antipyretic). Caffeine (a mild stimulant), helps relieve fatigue
and drowsiness through the day. Phenylephrine hydrochloride (nasal decongestant) reduces swelling
in the passages of the nose, relieving nasal congestion and reducing the pressure which may cause a
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Very rare (fewer than 1 in 10,000 patients treated)
• Cases of serious skin reactions have been reported
Frequency not known
• Allergic reactions (such as skin rashes)
• Blood disorders, such as thrombocytopenia (reduction in blood platelets which might mean that
you bleed or bruise more easily), pancytopenia (reduction in white and red blood cells),
agranulocytosis, leucopenia or neutropenia (reduction in white blood cells which makes infections
• Stomach and gut disorder, such as feeling sick, being sick or abdominal discomfort
• Difficulty in sleeping, restlessness, nervousness or mental confusion. If you are affected by any of
these symptoms, do not drive or use machines
• Caffeine, if taken close to bedtime, may interfere with sleep.
• Difficulty in passing urine (especially in men)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults, the elderly and children aged 16 years and over: Take two capsules every 4-6 hours as
required to a maximum of four doses in any 24 hours, or up to a maximum of three doses in any 24
hours if a night-time paracetamol-containing product is taken before bedtime. Do not take more than 8
capsules (4 doses) in any 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 16 years of age
The capsules should be swallowed whole with water. Do not chew.
It is important to drink plenty of fluids when suffering from colds and flu.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
• You have Raynaud’s syndrome (poor blood circulation which makes the fingers or toes pale and
numb), or diabetes mellitus
• You have a problem with your liver or kidneys or a history of stomach ulcer
• You have non-cirrhotic liver disease (liver disease that is not associated with changes in the
structure of the liver)
• You have closed angle glaucoma.
Children and adolescents:
Do not give this medicine to children under 16 years of age.
Other medicines and Lemsip Max Cold & Flu Capsules
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other
• Do not take with other paracetamol-containing products
• Do not take if you are taking or have taken within the last 14 days a medicine called a monoamine
oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), a medicine used to treat depression.
• Concomitant use of other cough and cold medicines could lead to overdose and should therefore be
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking:
• Beta-blockers for high blood pressure, or vasodilators (drugs used to treat high blood pressure, leg
pain due to vascular problems or Raynaud's syndrome)
• Tricyclic antidepressants (a specific class of drugs used to treat depression), other decongestants, or
barbiturates (used to treat sleep problems or epilepsy)
• Other medicines. Some drugs may affect the way in which paracetamol works, including those
used to treat blood cholesterol (cholestyramine) and nausea and vomiting (metoclopramide and
domperidone). The effect of blood thinning drugs (warfarin and other coumarins) may be increased
by paracetamol. Some drugs may affect the way in which phenylephrine works (digoxin and
cardiac glycosides). The speed at which caffeine is disposed of by the body can be slowed down by
cimetidine (used to reduce stomach acid), disulfiram (used to treat alcoholism) or oral
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask
your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine. This product should not be used in
women with a history of pre-eclampsia.
Driving and using machines: This medicine can cause difficulty in sleeping, restlessness,
nervousness or mental confusion. Do not drive or use machines if you are affected by any of these
The active ingredients are:
paracetamol 500mg, caffeine 25mg and phenylephrine hydrochloride
The other ingredients are:
starch, croscarmellose sodium, sodium lauril sulfate, magnesium
stearate, sterilised talc, gelatin, titanium dioxide (E171), patent blue V (E131), erythrosine (E127),
shellac and quinoline yellow (E104)
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options