Voltarol 12 Hour Emulgel P gel 2.32% 100g
- For aged 14 years and older
- Relieves pain and reduces inflammation in joints and muscles
- Contains active ingredient Diclofenac
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel contains the active substance diclofenac which belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It is specially formulated for rubbing into the
Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel is used to relieve pain and reduce inflammation and swelling in a number of painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles. Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel can be used to treat:
- muscle and joint injuries (e.g. sprains, strains, bruises, backache, sports injuries), relieving pain and helping recovery back to normal function;
- tendonitis (e.g. tennis elbow), swelling around elbow or knee. Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel is intended for use in adults and children aged 14 years and older.
Like all medicines, Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Some rare and very rare side effects might be serious If you experience any of the following signs of allergy, STOP using Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel and tell a doctor or pharmacist immediately:
- Wheezing, shortness of breath or feeling of tightness in the chest (asthma). (These side effects are likely to affect less than 1 person in every 10,000).
- Skin rash with blisters; hives. (These side effects are likely to affect 1 to 10 people in every 10,000).
- Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat. (These side effects are likely to affect less than 1 person in every 10,000).
Other side effects which may occur are usually mild, passing and harmless (if you are concerned, tell a doctor or pharmacist).
Common side effects (likely to affect between 1 and 10 in every 100 patients)
- Skin rash, itching, reddening or smarting of the skin
Very rare side effects (likely to affect less than 1 in every 10,000 patients)
- The skin may be more sensitive to the sun. Possible signs are sunburn with itching, swelling and blistering.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Voltarol 12 Hour Gel
For individuals over the age of 14 years old:
Wash hands before and after using Voltarol 12 hour gel.
Apply a small amount of Voltarol 12 hour gel to the affected area and gently rub into the skin.
Voltarol 12 hour gel can be applied twice a day.
Warnings for Voltarol 12 Hour Gel
- Not to be used by individuals under the age of 14 years old.
- Not to be used if you are allergic to diclofenac or any other NSAID (e.g. ibuprofen, aspirin), or any of the other listed ingredients in this gel.
- External use only (avoid contact with eyes/mouth/mucous membranes)
- Not to be used on skin that has a rash/eczema/cuts/open wounds.
- Not to be used if you feel ill, have a temperature, or any other symptoms that accompany the pain.
If you have severe joint pain that has begun recently and is not related to an injury or period of overuse.
If you experience any of the following signs of allergy, STOP using Voltarol 12 Hour Emulgel P and tell a doctor or pharmacist immediately:
• Skin rash with blisters; hives.
• Wheezing, shortness of breath or feeling of tightness in the chest (asthma).
• Swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat.
The active substance is diclofenac diethylammonium.
Each gram of gel contains 23.2mg of diclofenac diethylammonium.
The other ingredients (excipients) are butylhydroxytoluene, carbomer, cocoyl caprylocaprate, diethylamine, isopropyl alcohol, liquid paraffin, macrogol cetostearyl ether, oleyl alcohol, propylene glycol, perfume and purified water
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options