Senokot Max Strength Tablets (Pack of 48)
- Predictable relief
- Works in 8-12 hours
- Senokot available
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
buy senokot max strength tablets online
Senokot contains Senna/Sennosides which work as a stimulant laxative for the short term relief of
occasional constipation. Constipation is a fairly common and uncomfortable complaint. It usually
involves difficult or irregular bowel movements, accompanied by hard, dry motions which can be
painful to pass. Laxatives do not help with weight loss.
Side Effect of Senokot Max Strength Tablets
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If any of the following or other side effects occur, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor or pharmacist:
- Abdominal pain, spasms and diarrhoea, in particular, these effects may be experienced by patients with irritable colon. In these cases, a reduction in dose may be necessary.
- Hypersensitivity reactions, hives (skin bumps), skin itchiness or local or more widespread rash, or asthma.
- Can make you more likely to catch infections
- Chronic use may lead to albuminuria and haematuria which is albumin or red blood cells in the urine.
- Yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine may occur, which harmless
- Chronic use may cause pigmentation of the gastrointestinal tract which usually recedes when the product is no longer taken.
- Low potassium levels in the blood leading to muscle weakness and cramps
- Severe weight loss
- Changes in the shape of the finger and fingernail, muscular spasms and inflammation of bones and joints
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Senokot Max Strength Tablets
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: swallow one to two tablets at night
Children over 6 years: Not recommended unless adviced by a medical professional
Children 6 years and under: Not recommended
Duration of use: Normally it is sufficient to take this medicinal product up to two to three times a week. Use for more than 1-2 weeks requires medical supervision.
Warnings for Senokot Max Strength Tablets
Do not take if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients
- Have blockage or narrowing of the gastro-intestinal tract or bowel (ileus, intestinal obstruction or stenosis)
- Have paralysis or a lack of muscle tone in the bowel
- Have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease such as Cohn's disease or ulcerative colitis.
- Have severe dehydration
- Have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints e.g pain, nausea, or vomiting
- Have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don't know the cause, or blood in your stools
- Have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- Have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
- Are pregnant or breast-feeding
- Have kidney or heart failure
- Are under 12 years of age unless advised by a medical professional
ingredients in senokot max strength tablets
each tablet contains standardised powdered alexandrian senna fruit (pods) and tinnevelly senna fruit (pods) equivalent to 15mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as sennoside b.
this medicine also contains calcium phosphate, maize starch, magnesium stearate and lactose monohydrate.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options