- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Dioralyte Relief Sachets Blackcurrant (Pack of 6)
- Clinically proven
- Powder for oral solution
- Contains ethanol
Buy Dioralyte Relief Sachets Online
Dioralyte Relief works by replacing the water and salts lost from your body when you have diarrhoea. It helps the watery stools return to normal. It contains pre-cooked rice powder and salts (these are sodium citrate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride). The powder is mixed with water before taking.
Like all medicines, Dioralyte Relief can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. However, if you notice anything unusual, talk to your doctor or pharmacist. You should not normally have any side effects.
Stop taking Dioralyte Relief and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if you have an allergic reaction. The signs may include a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Always use Dioralyte Relief exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Preparing this medicine
Dioralyte Relief must be mixed with water before taking.
- Use fresh drinking water for adults and children over 1 year old. If fresh water is not available, use
water which has been freshly boiled and cooled
- Only dissolve the powder in water. Do not dissolve it in anything else
- Prepare just before the medicine is going to be taken. Do not make in advance. If you are giving it to a baby over the course of the day, you can keep the drink in a refrigerator for up to 24 hours
- Always use water which has been freshly boiled and cooled for babies aged 3 months to 1 year
Empty the contents of 1 sachet into a glass
- Add 200ml (7fl oz) of water
- 3 Stir until the powder dissolves
- When your medicine is fully dissolved, the drink will look milky
Do not use more or less than 200 ml of water. If you do, the drink will become too weak or too strong. It will not work as well. You may also upset the balance of salts in your body.
How many sachets to take
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 1 year
- You can take up to 5 sachets each day, for up to 3 to 4 days. Do not take more than 5 sachets in 24 hours
- One sachet after each loose stool
Babies aged 3 months to 1 year (to be given under the guidance of a doctor)
- The amount depends on how much the baby weighs. The usual dose is 150-200 ml of the drink for each kg of the baby’s weight, each day. This can be given over 24 hours
- Give half the drink during the first 8 hours and the other half during the next 16 hours
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure how much to give
- If your baby is being sick, you can give 5-10 ml (one or two teaspoons) every 5 minutes. This can be gradually increased until they are able to drink normally
If you take more Dioralyte Relief than you should
Dioralyte Relief is not normally harmful if you take more than you should. However, if large amounts are taken, you should talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away. This is particularly important if it is a child or baby. Take the medicine pack with you.
If you forget to take your Dioralyte Relief
Do not take a double dose to make up for a forgotten dose. Take the next dose when you need to. If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do not take Dioralyte Relief and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to pre-cooked rice powder, sodium citrate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride or any of the other ingredients of Dioralyte Relief. Signs of an allergic reaction include a rash,
swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
- Your bowel is partially or fully blocked (intestinal obstruction).
- You have severe kidney or liver disease
- You have something called "phenylketonuria" (a rare illness passed on in families)
- The child taking the medicine is under 3 months old
Do not take this medicine if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte Relief.
Take special care with Dioralyte Relief and check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- You have something called an electrolyte imbalance (unusual levels of salts in your body)
- The child taking the medicine is under 1 year old
If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte Relief.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Dioralyte Relief
Dioralyte Relief contains a source of phenylalanine (aspartame). This may be harmful to people with something called phenylketonuria.
Dioralyte Relief contains 2.5 vol % ethanol (alcohol). One dose contains 191 mg of ethanol, which is about the same amount of alcohol as 4 ml of beer or 1.7 ml of wine. This can be harmful to people with a drinking problem. Also take this into account if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or giving this to a child, have liver disease or epilepsy.
The active substances are glucose, sodium chloride, potassium chloride and disodium hydrogen citrate
The other ingredients are saccharin sodium, silicone dioxide. The citrus version also contains lemon and lime flavour, the blackcurrant version also contains blackcurrant flavour
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options