Nurofen Meltlets Mint Tablets (Pack of 12)
- Targeted pain relief
- Nurofen Meltlets mint 200mg
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
buy nurofen meltlets compressed tablets pack of 12 online
The active ingredient (which makes this medicine work) is Ibuprofen.
It belongs to a group of medicines known as non-steroidal
anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs provide relief by changing the
body’s response to pain, swelling, and high temperature.
Nurofen Meltlets Lemon are used for the relief of:
• Headaches and migraine pain
• Dental pain and neuralgia
• Period pain
• Rheumatic, muscular and back pain
• Feverishness and symptoms of cold and flu
STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate medical help if you
develop: • signs of intestinal bleeding such as: bright red faeces (stools/motions), black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark particles
that look like coffee grounds. • signs of serious allergic reaction such as:
- difficulties in breathing or unexplained wheezing
- dizziness or faster heartbeat
- severe forms of skin reactions such as itchiness, skin rash with
redness, peeling, flaking or blistering (e.g.: Steven-Johnson
- swelling of your face, tongue or throat
• signs of kidney problems such as:
- passing less or more urine
- cloudy urine or blood in urine
- pain in the back and/or swelling (particularly in the legs)
• signs of aseptic meningitis with neck stiffness, headache, feeling
sick, being sick, fever or consciousness. Patients with autoimmune
disorders (lupus, mixed connective-tissue disease) may be more
likely to be affected. • a severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur.
Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph
nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells).
STOP TAKING the medicine and tell your doctor if you experience the
following uncommon side effects which affect 1 to 10 users in 1,000:
• indigestion, heartburn or feeling sick
• pains in your stomach (abdomen) or other abnormal stomach
TELL YOUR DOCTOR if you have any of the following side effects, they
become worse or you notice any effects not listed: Uncommon side effects which affect 1 to 10 users in 1,000:
• allergic reactions, such as skin rashes (urticaria), itching, peeling
Rare side effects which affect 1 to 10 users in 10,000:
• flatulence (wind), diarrhoea, constipation and vomiting
Very rare side effects which affect less than 1 user in 10,000:
• blood disorder resulting in unexplained or unusual bruising or
bleeding, fever, sore throat, mouth ulcers, flu-like symptoms and
• drop in blood pressure or irregular heart beat
• stomach or intestinal ulcers, sometimes with bleeding and
perforation, inflammation of the lining of the mouth with ulceration
(ulcerative stomatitis), inflammation of the stomach (gastritis)
• liver problems
Side effects for which the frequency can not be estimated from available
• worsening of asthma or bronchospasm
• swelling (oedema), high blood pressure, heart failure or attack
• worsening of colitis and Crohn’s disease
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
Take 1 or 2 tablets up to three times a day as required.
Place a tablet on the tongue, allow it to dissolve and then swallow; no
water is required. Leave at least four hours between doses.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Do not take Nurofen Meltlets Mint if you:
• are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see section 6) or to aspirin or other painkillers
• have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
• have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or
facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or similar
• have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) • are taking other NSAIDs (Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs)
• are taking more than 75mg of aspirin a day. If you are on low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily) speak to your doctor or pharmacist
before you take this medicine
• have severe liver or kidney problems
• have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation
• have breathing difficulties
• are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
• are under 12 years old.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this product
• have or have had asthma
• have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
• have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or stroke
• have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn's disease)
• have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune system causing joint pain skin changes and other organ disorders)
• are a smoker
• are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
• have phenylketonuria or are intolerant to phenylalanine. (see ‘Important information about some of the ingredients of Nurofen
Taking other medicines
To reduce the risk of side effects, do not take this product with other
NSAID containing products (e.g. aspirin, ibuprofen…). If you are on
low-dose aspirin (up to 75mg daily), speak to your doctor or
pharmacist before you take this medicine. Nurofen meltlets may affect or
be affected by some other medicines. For example:
Avoid taking this product with corticosteroid tablets, quinolone antibiotics
or drugs that are prescribed:
• medicines that are anti-coagulants (i.e. thin blood/prevent clotting e.g. aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine) • to stimulate your heart (e.g. glycosides)
• medicines that reduce high blood pressure (ACE-inhibitors such as
captopril, beta-blockers such as atenolol medicines, angiotensin-II
receptor antagonists such as losartan) • to help you passing water (diuretics),
• for the temporary suppression of your immune system (e.g. methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus) • for mania or depression (e.g. Lithium or SSRIs)
• for pregancy termination (e.g. mifepristone)
• for HIV treatment (e.g. zidovudine).
Some other medicines may also affect or be affected by the
treatment of Nurofen Meltlets. You should therefore always seek the
advice of your doctor or pharmacist before you use Nurofen Meltlets
with other medicines.
• Nurofen Meltlets Lemon belongs to a group of medicines which may
impair fertility in women. This is reversible on stopping the
medicine. It is unlikely that Nurofen Meltlets Lemon, used
occasionally will affect your chances of becoming pregnant.
However, tell your doctor before taking this medicine if you have
problems becoming pregnant. • Anti-inflammatory/pain-killer medicines such as ibuprofen may be
associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or stroke,
particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the
recommended dose or duration of treatment.
• You should discuss your treatment with your doctor or pharmacist
before taking Nurofen Meltlets if you:
- have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery,
peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs or feet due
to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke (including
‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack “TIA”).
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a
family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a smoker.
• There is a risk of renal impairment in dehydrated children and
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Tell your doctor if you become pregnant whilst taking Nurofen. Do not
take this medicine in the last 3 months of pregnancy. Avoid the use of
this medicine in the first 6 months of pregnancy, unless the doctor
advises otherwise. Speak to your doctor or pharmacist before taking this
medicine if you are breastfeeding
Each orodispersible tablet contains the active ingredient
They also contain: Ethylcellulose (E462), Silicon Dioxide (E551),
Hypromellose (E464), Mannitol (E420), Aspartame (E951),
Croscarmellose Sodium (E468), Magnesium Stearate (E572), Flavour
(mint flavours, maltodextrin acacia gum (E414), Sorbitol (E421)).
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options