Kolanticon Gel 500ml
- Oral Suspension
- Antiflatulent & Antacid
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Kolanticon Gel is used to treat stomach complaints, such as irritable bowel syndrome, where there are problems such as painful cramps, indigestion and flatulence (wind). it contains an antispasmodic (relieves muscle spasm), an antiflatulent (relieves wind) and antacids.
It helps to relieve painful cramps by relaxing the muscles of the intestine. It helps to relieve indigestion by reducing acidity, and relieve flatulence by bringing together all the small bubbles of gas to form a large bubble which can be expelled.
Side Effects of Kolanticon Gel
Like all medicines, Kolanticon Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Some people may get a dry mouth, blurred vision, constipation or difficulty passing urine
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of Use for Kolanticon Gel
Adults and Children over 12 years old:
- The usual dose of Kolanticon Gel is two to four 5ml spoonfuls (10 – 20ml) every four hours if needed.
- You should shake the bottle before use to mix the ingredients properly. Then measure out the amount you need onto a 5ml spoon and swallow the liquid.
If you take more than you should:
- If you accidentally take too much medicine you should consult your doctor or go to your nearest hospital casualty department.
If you forget to take Kolanticon Gel:
- If you forget to take your medicine at the correct time, don’t worry. Do not take twice as much next time. Just take your medicine as soon as you remember and carry on
Do not take Kolanticon Gel if:
- You have glaucoma (a condition involving increased pressure within the eye resulting in poor vision).
- You have myasthenia gravis (a very rare muscle disease)
- You have ulcerative colitis or other conditions affecting the movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract
- You have difficulty passing urine because of an enlarged prostate or other condition
- You are allergic to any of the ingredients
Before taking Kolanticon Gel tell your doctor/pharmacist if:
- You have or have had kidney problems
- You have a low phosphorus diet
- You have a hiatus hernia (a condition with symptoms such as acid or food regurgitation)
Ingredients in Kolanticon Gel
Active ingredients: 2.5mg dicycloverine hydrochloride, 200mg aluminium hydroxide, 100mg magnesium oxide and 20mg simeticone.
Other ingredients: magnesium sulphate, methylcellulose 450, benzyl alcohol, sodium lauryl sulphate, saccharin sodium, alcohol 95%, methyl parahydroxybenzoate, propyl parahydroxybenzoate, butyl parahydroxybenzoate, citric acid, oil of cinnamon, peppermint oil, oil of spearmint, oil of cedar leaf, oil of nutmeg, eucalyptol, menthol and demineralised water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options