- FREE Delivery on Orders Over £25
- Order by 2pm for Next Day Delivery
- UK Registered Pharmacy: 9011378
Nurofen Max Strength Migraine Pain Capsules 684mg (Pack of 12)
- It contains Ibuprofen Lysine, which is quickly absorbed in the body.
- Provides relief from headache and migraine pain.
The active ingredient (which makes this medicine work) is
Ibuprofen. It belongs to a group of medicines known as
non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). NSAIDs provide
relief by changing the body’s response to pain, swelling, and high
Nurofen Maximum Strength Migraine Pain 684mg Caplets are
used for the relief of:
• Headaches and migraine pain
Like all medicines, Nurofen can cause side effects, although not
everybody gets them. Some side effects may be minimised by
taking the lowest dose for the shortest time necessary to relieve the
symptoms. If any of the side effects get serious or if you notice any
side effects not listed in this leaflet, tell your doctor or pharmacist.
STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate medical help if
• signs of intestinal bleeding such as: bright red faeces
(stools/motions), black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark
particles that look like coffee grounds.
• signs of serious allergic reaction such as:
- difficulties in breathing or unexplained wheezing
- dizziness or faster heartbeat,
- severe forms of skin reactions such as itchiness, skin rash with
redness, peeling, flaking or blistering (e.g.: Steven-Johnson
- swelling of your face, tongue or throat
• signs of kidney problems such as:
- passing less or more urine
- cloudy urine or blood in urine
- pain in the back and/or swelling (particularly in the legs)
• signs of aseptic meningitis with neck stiffness, headache,
feeling sick, being sick, fever or disorientation. Patients with
autoimmune disorders (lupus, mixed connective tissue disease)
may be more likely to be affected.
• a severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur.
Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph
nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells).
STOP TAKING the medicine and tell your doctor if you
experience the following uncommon side effects:
- indigestion, heartburn or feeling sick
- pains in your stomach (abdomen) or other abnormal stomach
TELL YOUR DOCTOR if you have any of the following side
effects, they become worse or you notice any effects not listed:
- allergic reactions, such as skin rashes (urticaria), itching,
- flatulence (wind), diarrhoea, constipation and vomiting
- blood disorder resulting in unexplained or unusual bruising or
bleeding, fever, sore throat, mouth ulcers, flu-like symptoms and
- drop in blood pressure
- stomach or intestinal ulcers, sometimes with bleeding and
perforation, inflammation of the lining of the mouth with
ulceration (ulcerative stomatitis), inflammation of the stomach
- liver problems
Side effects for which the frequency cannot be estimated from
- worsening of asthma or bronchospasm
- swelling (oedema), high blood pressure, heart failure or attack
- worsening of colitis and Crohn's disease
Medicines such as Nurofen Maximum Strength Migraine Pain
684mg Caplets may be associated with a small increased risk of
heart attack ("myocardial infarction") or stroke.
(See Section 2 ’Other warnings’.)
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and
Take 1 caplet with water, up to three times a day as required.
Leave at least four hours between doses. Do not take more than
3 caplets in 24 hours.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
In children and adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
If in children and adolescents this medicinal product is required for
more than 3 days, or if symptoms worsen a doctor should be
Do not take Nurofen Maximum Strength Migraine Pain 684mg
Caplets if you:
• are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see
section 6) or to aspirin or other painkillers
• have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer,
perforation or bleeding
• have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or
facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or
• have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when
previously taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory
• are taking other NSAID painkillers or more than 75mg aspirin a
• have severe liver or kidney problems
• have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation
• have breathing difficulties
• are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
• are under 12 years old.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this
product if you:
• have or have had asthma
• have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
• have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or
• have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative
colitis, Crohn's disease)
• have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the
immune system causing joint pain skin changes and other
• are a smoker
• are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Taking other medicines
To reduce the risk of side effects, do not take this product with
other NSAID containing products (e.g, aspirin, ibuprofen…)
Nurofen may affect or be affected by some other medicines. For
Avoid taking this product with corticosteroid tablets, quinolone
antibiotics or drugs that are prescribed:
• as anti-coagulants (i.e. thin blood/prevent clotting e.g.
aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine)
• to stimulate your heart (e.g, glycosides)
• to reduce high blood pressure (ACE-inhibitors such as captopril,
beta-blockers such as atenolol medicines, angiotensin-II
receptor antagonists such as losartan)
• to help you passing water (diuretics),
• for the temporary suppression of your immune system (e.g,
methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus)
• for mania or depression (e.g., Lithium or SSRIs)
• for pregancy termination (e.g., mifepristone)
• for HIV treatment ( e.g., zidovudine)
Some other medicines may also affect or be affected by the
treatment of Nurofen. You should therefore always seek the
advice of your doctor or pharmacist before you use Nurofen
with other medicines.
• Nurofen Maximum Strength Migraine Pain 684mg Caplets
belongs to a group of medicines which may impair fertility in
women. This is reversible on stopping the medicine. It is
unlikely that Nurofen Maximum Strength Migraine Pain 684mg
Caplets, used occasionally will affect your chances of becoming
pregnant. However, tell your doctor before taking this medicine if
you have problems becoming pregnant.
• Anti-inflammatory/pain-killer medicines such as ibuprofen may
be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or
stroke, particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the
recommended dose or duration of treatment.
• You should discuss your treatment with your doctor or
pharmacist before taking Nurofen if you:
- have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest
pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery,
peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs of feet
due to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke
(including ‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack “TIA”).
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a
family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a
• There is a risk of renal impairment in dehydrated children and
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Do not take in the last 3 months of pregnancy or if you are
Speak to your doctor if you are in the first 6 months of pregnancy
Each caplet contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen 400mg (as
Ibuprofen Lysine 684mg).
Also contains: Povidone, Sodium Starch Glycollate Type A,
Magnesium Stearate, Hypromellose, Talc, Opaspray White
M-1-7111B (contains Hypromellose and Titanium Dioxide
(E171) and Black Printing Ink (contains shellac, Iron oxide black
(E172) and propylene glycol)
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options