Solpadeine Plus Tablets (Pack of 32)
- Can cause addiction
- Use for 3 days only
- Fast Acting
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
About Solpadeine Plus Tablets
Solpadeine Plus tablets are one of the strongest painkillers available over the counter in the UK for individuals over the age of 12 years old for short term acute or moderate pain relief. Each tablet contains 500mg of paracetamol, 8mg of codeine phosphate and 30mg of caffeine. Solpadeine plus tablets is used for short-term relief of moderate pain which has not responded to non-codeine based painkillers such as paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin being used alone. As Solpadeine Plus tablets contains codeine, it should not be used for more than 3 days consecutively. If your pain is not responsive to this medication, you should stop using this item and speak to your gp.
Acute/Moderate pain conditions:
- Rheumatic/Muscular pain
- Period pain
- Dental pain
- Use a hot water bottle or a bath to relieve muscle aches or period pain
- Use cold compresses for any headaches or sprains
- A massage can provide relief for muscle pain or headaches
- Exercising will aid pain relief for osteoarthritis or period pain
- Avoid excess caffeine intake with drinks like tea/coffee. too much caffeine can cause problems such as sleeping difficulties, shakes and a distressing feeling in the chest.
Other treatments for pain relief are available at Rightdose. these include:
- Soluble paracetamol tablets
- Ibuprofen tablets 400mg
- Disprin tablets
- Solpadeine max soluble tablets
- Ibuprofen gel
Solpadeine Plus Capsules are a widely used and effective pain killer however every patient can respond differently to medication. If you find that Solpadeine Plus Capsules are not effective for you, you may want to try Solpadeine Max Tablets or another alternative pain killer.
What are Solpadeine Plus tablets?
Solpadeine Plus tablets are used for migraine, headache, dental pain, period pain, strains & sprains, backache, rheumatic pain and sciatica. The tablets contain three active ingredients; paracetamol, codeine and caffeine. Codeine and paracetamol are both painkillers.
How do I take Solpadeine Plus?
In adults and children 12 years and over, the dose of Solpadeine Plus is 1 or 2 tablets every 4 – 6 hours. You should not take more than 8 tablets in a 24-hour period. (The number of tablets that can be taken is dependant on the age of the user, please see the ‘Directions’ tab for more information.)
How much codeine is in Solpadeine Plus tablets?
Solpadeine Plus contains 8mg of Codeine per tablet, together with 500mg Paracetamol and 30mg caffeine this provides a strong triple action of pain relief which can help ease pain and discomfort caused by a number of conditions.
Why can I only take Solpadeine Plus for 3 days max?
Solpadeine Plus contains Codeine which if used incorrectly can become addictive, so therefore it is advised that the medication is not taken for more than 3 consecutive days. If your pain has not subsided in this, it is recommended that you speak to your own Doctor for treatment.
What is the difference between Solpadeine Plus and Max?
Both products contain 3 main ingredients, Paracetamol, Codeine and Caffeine. The difference between the Plus and Max tablets is the amount of Codeine in each tablet. Plus tablets contain 8mg of Codeine as opposed to Max which contains 12.8mg of Codeine per tablet.
Can I get addicted to Solpadeine Plus?
Solpadeine Plus will not become an addictive medication if the guidelines set out by the manufacturer are followed correctly. If only being taken for short term pain relief and for no more than 3 consecutive days there should be no issues.
The medication can become addictive if the guidelines are not followed correctly or if it is taken over long periods of time if you feel this is the case it is recommended that you speak to your Doctor.
Can I drive/operate machines whilst using Solpadeine Plus tablets?
Do not drive while taking Solpadeine Plus until you are aware of how it will affect you as Solpadeine Plus may cause drowsiness and could affect skilled tasks such as driving or operating machines.
For further information on driving whilst taking this medication please refer to the ‘Info Leaflet’ tab.
Can I take Solpadeine Plus tablets if I am pregnant or breastfeeding?
If you are pregnant, you should seek advice from your doctor before you take this medication.
If you are breastfeeding, you should NOT be taking this medication.
As with any medication, there are risks of side effects when taking Solpadeine Plus tablets. You should always read the patient information leaflet when taking a new medicine to make sure you're aware of the full list of side effects and cautions. If you have any unwanted side effects you should seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
Stop taking this medicine and seek medical advice from your doctor immediately if you experience any of the following:
- Severe abdominal pain, dry mouth, nausea, and vomiting if you have recently had your gallbladder removed
- Nervousness, dizziness, irritability, drowsiness or restlessness
- Allergic reactions (this could be severe and present with symptoms like a skin rash, itching, facial swelling including the mouth or shortness of breath
- Skin rash/peeling, mouth ulcers, itching or sweating
- Breathing problems. (This is more common if you have had this side effect in the past when using other painkillers (for example, ibuprofen or aspirin)
- Unexplained bruising/bleeding
- Nausea, upset stomach, sudden weight loss, loss of appetite
- Yellowing of the eyes and skin
- Difficulty in urinating
When using this product you may experience:
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Swallow 2 tablets, with a glass of water every 4-6 hours as needed.
Do not take more frequently than every 4 hours.
Maximum 8 tablets in 24 hours.
For children aged 16 to 18 years old:
Swallow 1-2 tablets, with a glass of water every 6 hours as needed.
Do not take more frequently than every 6 hours.
Maximum 8 tablets in 24 hours.
For children aged 12 to 15 years old:
Swallow 1 tablet, with a glass of water every 6 hours as needed.
Do not take more frequently than every 6 hours.
Maximum 4 tablets in 24 hours.
The recommended dose should not be exceeded.
Avoid excess caffeine in drinks (such as energy drinks, tea or coffee). Too much caffeine can have many different unwanted effects such as sleep disturbance, shaking or heart palpitations/pounding heart.
Children under 12 years old cannot take this medication as there is a significant risk of severe breathing difficulties.
Solpadeine Max Soluble can only be taken for a maximum of 3 days. If after using this medication for 3 days your pain has not improved then seek advice from your doctor.
Warnings for Solpadeine Plus tablets
- This medicine contains codeine which can cause addiction if you take it continuously for more than 3 days. This can give you withdrawal symptoms from the medicine when you stop taking it.
- If you take a painkiller for headaches for more than 3 days it can make them worse.
- Solpadeine Plus should not be taken by children below the age of 12 years, due to the risk of severe breathing problems.
- Do not use if pregnant or breastfeeding
- Do not use if you have liver/kidney disease (including alcoholic liver disease)
- This medicine can only be used for the short-term treatment of acute, moderate pains which is not relieved by paracetamol, ibuprofen or aspirin alone (such as rheumatic and muscular pain, backache, migraine, headache, neuralgia, period pain, and dental pain)
- You should only take this product for a maximum of three days at a time. If you need to take it for longer than three days you should see your doctor or pharmacist for advice
- Solpadeine Plus can cause drowsiness and care should be taken with skilled tasks such as driving or operating machinery.
Do not take Solpadeine Plus tablets if you:
- Have ever had an allergic reaction to paracetamol, caffeine, codeine, other opioid painkillers or to any of the other ingredients
- Are taking other medicines containing paracetamol or codeine
- Are under 12 years
- Are using for pain relief in children and adolescents (up to 18 years of age) after removal of tonsils/adenoids due to obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome
- Know that you metabolise codeine into morphine very rapidly
- If you are breastfeeding.
Ask your doctor before you take this medicine if you:
- Are pregnant, think you may be pregnant or planning to become pregnant
- Have liver(including alcoholic liver disease) or kidney disease
- Have bowel problems including blockage of your bowel
- Have had an operation to remove your gallbladder
Codeine warnings and precautions
When taking codeine products, some individuals are more likely to get serious side effects and if you experience any of the following, you need to stop taking the medication and seek medical advice straight away:
- Slow or shallow breathing
- Small pupils
- Feeling or being sick
- Lack of appetite.
Active Ingredients: Paracetamol 500 mg, Codeine phosphate hemihydrate 8mg and Caffeine 30 mg.
Other ingredients: Maize starch, magnesium stearate, titanium dioxide (e 171), erythrosine (e 127), patent blue v (e 131), quinoline yellow (e 104), gelatin, shellac, propylene glycol (e1520), iron oxide black (e 172) and ammonium hydroxide (e 527).
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options