Feminax Ultra Tablets (Pack of 9)
- Relief from Period Pain & Menstrual Cramps
- Maximum 3 tablets a day
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
buy feminax ultra tablets online
you can buy feminax ultra tablets online from our uk registered online pharmacy. before using feminax ultra, you should read the medicine information leaflet, and be aware of the cautions when using this item. once you have done this, you will complete a short acknowledgement assessment to make sure this medicine is right for you. after completing your order, our pharmacy will then review the order, and if approved, dispatch the medication to your door.
about feminax ultra
feminax ultra is a painkiller available over the counter in the uk for women aged between 15 and 50 for period pain relief and menstrual cramps. feminax ultra contains the active ingredient naproxen 250mg (which is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, also known as an nsaid. feminax ultra should be taken at the onset of period pain. the tablets should be taken whole with a glass of water, with or after food.
- use a hot water bottle or a bath to relieve period pain
- exercising will aid pain relief for period pain.
feminax ultra is a widely used and effective period pain relief treatment however every patient can respond differently to medication. if you find feminax ultra is not effective for you, you may want to try ibuprofen tablets.
other treatments for pain relief are available at Rightdose. these include:
- soluble paracetamol tablets
- ibuprofen tablets 400mg
- disprin tablets
- solpadeine plus tablets
feminax ultra reviews
after using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. we invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
What is Feminax Ultra?
Feminax Ultra tablets are a painkiller used to treat the pain from menstrual cramps. It helps patients who suffer from period pain and can also help with patients going through the menstrual cycle.
How do you take Feminax Ultra Tablets?
To get the best results out of Feminax Ultra you will need to take the medication for 3 days.
- Day 1 - Take TWO tablets when your pain starts, after 6 to 8 hours take a further tablet if required.
- Day 2 & 3 - Take ONE tablet every 6 to 8 hours if needed.
- Maximum 3 tablets per day.
Will Feminax Ultra ease my stomach cramps?
Yes, Feminax Ultra provides relief from menstrual cramps. Feminax Ultra contains an active ingredient called Naproxen, this acts as a painkiller but also helps to reduce swelling and inflammation, so is suitable for patients who suffer from stomach cramps and period pain.
Can I take Feminax Ultra with other painkillers?
You can take Feminax Ultra with paracetamol and also opioid painkillers such as codeine, for example, co-codamol. Feminax Ultra should not be taken with Ibuprofen, diclofenac or aspirin (these are also NSAIDs) as it can cause side effects if too much NSAIDs are taken.
Side effects of Feminax Ultra
Before taking any medication, you should be aware of any side effects that it could cause (these are all listed in the patient information leaflet). Feminax Ultra, like all medication, can cause potential side effects, however not all individuals will experience these. If you have any side effects, you should seek advice from your doctor, pharmacist or other healthcare professional.
If you experience any of the following side effects then stop taking Feminax Ultra and seek medical advice as soon as possible:
- Nausea/vomiting (perhaps with blood), diarrhoea (possibly with blood and mucus), dark “tarry” stools/pale coloured stools, constipation, flatulence.
- Indigestion/heartburn, pain, ulcers and bleeding in the stomach.
- Stomach conditions becoming worse (ulcerative colitis/Crohn’s disease).
- Tender mouth/abnormal painful ulcers in the mouth.
- Allergic reaction signs
- Abnormalities in urine
- Pain around the lower side of your back (kidney area).
- Severe blisters and bleeding of the skin, nose and mouth (Stevens-Johnson syndrome)
- Skin abnormalities
- Facial swelling
- Fits, pins-and-needles/numbness, confusion, hallucinations, dizziness and vertigo
- Hearing problems, ringing in the ears, visual disturbances
- Blood vessels swelling and fluid buildup (this could cause swollen ankles)
- Kidney/liver problems
- Headaches, depression, insomnia, tiredness, muscle weakness, drowsiness, lack of concentration, mental slowing, feeling forgetful, unusual dreams, feeling thirsty, a general feeling of being unwell or fever with a dislike of light.
- Blood problems
- The sensitivity of the skin to light.
- Hair loss.
If you have any side effects or have concerns about Feminax Ultra, then seek medical advice from a healthcare professional.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Feminax Ultra
- Take TWO tablets at the onset of period pain.
- If needed, take ONE additional tablet after 6-8 hours.
- Take ONE tablet every 6-8 hours, if needed. (Maximum 3 tablets per day)
- Take ONE tablet every 6-8 hours, if needed. (Maximum 3 tablets per day)
Feminax Ultra should NOT be taken for more than 3 days in any one month (menstrual cycle). If after 3 days of taking this medicine you are still experiencing pain then speak to your doctor.
Taking Feminax Ultra:
- Tablets should be swallowed whole (do not chew/crush them) with a glass of water.
- Tablets should be taken with or after food.
- Tablets should only be taken for as long as needed for period pain. (This means that it may not be necessary for you to take the tablets consistently for all 3 days.)
Warnings for Feminax Ultra Tablets
Feminax Ultra warnings:
- Do not take if you have any known allergies to any of the ingredients
- If the user of this medicine takes too many tablets they should seek medical attention straight away with their doctor or their nearest hospital casualty department
- Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
- Do not store above 25 degrees celsius.
Do not take this medicine, if you:
- Have ever had a stomach ulcer
- Are in the last three months or your pregnancy
- Have a severe heart, liver or kidney failure
- Are already taking aspirin, low dose aspirin or any other NSAIDs
Feminax Ultra could cause the following:
- Lack of concentration
- Sleeping difficulties
- visual problems
ingredients in feminax ultra tablets
active ingredient: naproxen 250mg
other ingredients: lactose, maize starch, polyvidone, sodium starch glycolate and magnesium stearate. also, the coating contains colloidal silicon dioxide, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, polyethylene glycol, stearic acid, hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, sodium alginate, sodium bicarbonate, purified talc, triethyl citrate, the colour titanium dioxide (e171), antifoam af emulsion and printing ink (containing shellac, black iron oxide (e172), propylene glycol (e1520).
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options