Anbesol Teething Gel 10g
- effecive relief in Teething pain
- Mouth ulcers
- Denture irritation
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Anbesol Teething Gel Online
Anbesol Teething Gel is used to help relieve pain and discomfort associated with
teething, in children from 5 months of age, when other non-medicinal methods
such as massaging of the gums or use of teething rings do not provide necessary
The product may also be used for the temporary relief of pain caused by
recurrent mouth ulcers and denture irritation.
Like all medicines, this medicine may cause side effects, although not everybody
• Allergic reactions (eg difficulty breathing, rash or itch).
• Some people have reported suffering from ulcers.
• Dermatitis (inflammation of the skin that can cause red, itchy and scaly skin).
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults and the elderly:
• Apply a small amount of gel to a clean fingertip and spread gently onto the
• Two applications straight away will normally be enough for temporary pain
• Do not apply more frequently than every 3 hours.
Babies teething and children:
• Apply a pea sized blob of gel (see circle shown here), to a clean fingertip
and spread gently onto the affected area.
• If necessary, repeat the dose after 3 hours.
• Do not use more than 6 times in one day (24 hour period).
• Stop treatment when your child’s symptoms settle.
• Do not use for more than 7 days for each teething episode.
• If your child’s symptoms worsen, do not improve after 7 days of treatment
or you are concerned that your child is unwell, talk to a health care
• If your child vomits, spits or swallows the medicine, do not use any more
product immediately. Wait 3 hours before using the medicine again.
• Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your
doctor or pharmacist has told you to. Do not give more medicine than the
label tells you to.
• You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
Anbesol Teething Gel PIL UK 005
If you use more Anbesol Teething Gel than you should
If anyone used more Anbesol Teething Gel than they should, or if large quantities
of the gel are accidentally swallowed, contact your doctor or your nearest
Accident and Emergency department, taking this leaflet and pack with you.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Anbesol Teething Gel:
• If you have open wounds or damaged areas in the lining of your mouth as this
may result in too much of the active ingredients being absorbed.
• If symptoms continue for more than 7 days or recur frequently, speak to your
pharmacist, doctor or dentist.
Do not use at the same time as other products containing lidocaine.
Do not give this medicine, if your child is under 5 months old.
Do not use more Anbesol Teething Gel than recommended as this may result in the active ingredients being absorbed into the body
causing serious side effects, such as convulsions (fits).
What Anbesol Teething Gel contains
Anbesol Teething Gel contains the active ingredients; lidocaine hydrochloride
1.0%w/w, chlorocresol 0.1%w/w and cetylpyridinium chloride 0.02%w/w.
It also contains:
alcohol, clove oil, glycerol, hydroxypropyl cellulose, sodium
saccharin, Ponceau 4R (E124) and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options