Canesten Thrush Pessary 500mg Single Pack
- To treat the cause of thrush.
- Relieve your symptoms within three days
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
buy canesten thrush pessary 500mg single pack online
Canesten Thrush Pessary is a single application for the treatment of
vaginal thrush. It is inserted into the vagina for treatment at the site
Only use this product if you have been previously diagnosed by
your doctor as having vaginal thrush.
The active substance in Canesten Thrush Pessary is clotrimazole.
Clotrimazole belongs to a group of medicines called azoles and is an
antifungal agent which fights the cause of infections such as vaginal thrush
As with all medicines, some people may be allergic
to the cream. If you are allergic, a reaction will occur
soon after you start using it. If you experience an
allergic reaction, stop using Canesten Dual Action
Cream and tell your doctor straight away or contact
the Accident and Emergency Department of your
nearest hospital. Signs of an allergic reaction may
• Swallowing or breathing problems.
• Swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue.
• Weakness, feeling dizzy or faint.
After you apply the cream you might experience:
• Itching, rash, blisters, burning, discomfort,
swelling, irritation, redness or peeling of skin.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
1. Remove the applicator from the packaging. Pull out the plunger A
until it stops. Remove the pessary from the foil blister pack and place
firmly into the applicator B.
2. To fit the pessary into the applicator, the holder of the applicator
needs to be squeezed lightly at both sides. The pessary fits tightly into
the applicator and needs to be squeezed into the holder to about 1cm.
3. Carefully put the applicator as deep as is comfortable into the vagina
(this is easiest when lying on your back with your knees bent up).
Holding the applicator in place, slowly press the plunger until it stops so
that the pessary is deposited into the vagina.
Before using Canesten Thrush Pessary, you should see your
• You are unsure whether you have thrush or this is the first time you
have had these symptoms.
• You have had more than two infections of thrush in the last six months.
• You or your partner have ever had a sexually transmitted disease.
• You are aged under 16 or over 60.
• You have ever had an allergic reaction to Canesten or any other
vaginal antifungal products.
• You have any of the following symptoms:
• Irregular vaginal bleeding.
• Abnormal vaginal bleeding or a blood-stained discharge.
• Ulcers, blisters or sores of the vagina or vulva.
• Lower abdominal pain.
• Pain or difficulty in passing urine.
• Fever or chills.
• Feeling sick or vomiting.
• A foul smelling discharge from the vagina.
This is because Canesten Thrush Pessary may not be the right treatment
As with other pessaries, this product may reduce the effectiveness of
rubber contraceptives, such as condoms or diaphragms. Consequently,
you should use alternative precautions for at least five days after using
Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides or other vaginal
products while using this product
The active substance is clotrimazole at a strength of 500mg.
The other ingredients are lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline
cellulose, lactic acid, maize starch, crospovidone, calcium lactate
pentahydrate, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica and
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options