Nurofen Express Liquid Capsules 400mg (Pack of 20)
- Fast, effective pain relief.
- Contains sodium ibuprofen.
- Relieves: headaches, tension headaches, migraines, back pain, muscular & rheumatic pain, body aches & pain, dental pain, period pain, cold & flu symptoms and fever.
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Nurofen express liquid capsules pack of 20
Nurofen Express 400mg allows you to quickly tackle troublesome aches and pains, and provide double the strength with the 200mg capsule. Nurofen Express capsules are liquid and are designed to break down in the body easier than regular coated capsules, meaning you are free from your symptoms quicker than ever before.
Nurofen Express is perfect for adults and children aged 12 years old and upwards.
Benefits of Nurofen Express
Nurofen Express is specially formulated to targe headaches fast and provide relief. It has been shown to act faster than standard paracetamol or ibuprofen by quickly absorbing into the bloodstream and finding the source of pain fast.
Uses for Nurofen Express
The capsules can be used for those suffering from the following symptoms:
- Cold and flu symptoms.
- Period pain.
- Dental pain.
- Muscular and rheumatic pain.
Before using Nurofen Express, please consult the instructions provided and on the packaging. if there is any confusion, please speak with your pharmacist for further guidance.
STOP TAKING the medicine and seek immediate medical help if
• signs of intestinal bleeding such as: bright red faeces
(stools/motions), black tarry stools, vomiting blood or dark
particles that look like coffee grounds.
• signs of serious allergic reaction such as:
- difficulties in breathing or unexplained wheezing
- dizziness or faster heartbeat,
- severe skin reaction (rashes, itchiness, peeling, flaking or
- swelling of your face or throat
• a severe skin reaction known as DRESS syndrome can occur.
Symptoms of DRESS include: skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph
nodes and an increase of eosinophils (a type of white blood cells).
Tell your doctor if you experience:
• fever, flu-like symptoms, sore throat, mouth ulcers, headache, a
stiff neck, vomiting, unexplained bleeding and bruising, severe
• indigestion, stomach or abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhoea,
flatulence or if you feel sick, chest pain or fast, irregular heart
• liver and kidney problems associated with swelling in your arms
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Adults, the elderly and children & adolescents between 12 and 18 years:
Take 1 capsule with water, up to three times a day as required.
Leave at least four hours between doses. Do not take more than 3
capsules in 24 hours
Do not take Nurofen Express 400mg Liquid Capsules if you:
• are allergic to ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients (see
section 6) or to aspirin or other painkillers
• have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer,
perforation or bleeding
• have had a worsening of asthma, skin rash, itchy runny nose or
facial swelling when previously taking ibuprofen, aspirin or
• have had gastrointestinal bleeding or perforation when previously
taking NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
• are taking other NSAID painkillers or more than 75mg aspirin a
• have severe liver or kidney problems
• have heart problems, high blood pressure or blood coagulation
• have breathing difficulties
• are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
• are under 12 years old.
Check with your pharmacist or your doctor before taking this
product if you:
• have or have had asthma
• have kidney, heart, liver or bowel problems
• have high cholesterol or previously have had a heart attack or
• have a history of gastrointestinal disease (such as ulcerative
colitis, Crohn's disease)
• have Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (a condition of the immune
system causing joint pain skin changes and other organ disorders)
• are a smoker
• are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Taking other medicines
To reduce the risk of side effects, do not take this product with other
NSAID containing products (e.g, aspirin, ibuprofen…)
Nurofen may affect or be affected by some other medicines.
Avoid taking this product with corticosteroid tablets, quinolone
antibiotics or drugs that are prescribed:
• medicines that are anti-coagulants (i.e. thin blood/prevent
clotting e.g. aspirin/acetylsalicylic acid, warfarin, ticlopidine)
• to stimulate your heart (e.g, glycosides)
• medicines that reduce high blood pressure (ACE-inhibitors such
as captopril, beta-blockers such as atenolol medicines,
angiotensin-II receptor antagonists such as losartan)
• to help you passing water (diuretics),
• for the temporary suppression of your immune system
(e.g, methotrexate, ciclosporine, tacrolimus)
• for mania or depression (e.g., Lithium or SSRIs)
• for pregancy termination (e.g., mifepristone)
• for HIV treatment ( e.g., zidovudine)
Some other medicines may also affect or be affected by the
treatment of Nurofen. You should therefore always seek the
advice of your doctor or pharmacist before you use Nurofen with
• Nurofen Express 400mg Liquid Capsules belongs to a group of
medicines which may impair fertility in women. This is
reversible on stopping the medicine. It is unlikely that Nurofen
Express 400mg Liquid Capsules, used occasionally will affect
your chances of becoming pregnant. However, tell your doctor
before taking this medicine if you have problems becoming
• Anti-inflammatory/pain-killer medicines such as ibuprofen may
be associated with a small increased risk of heart attack or
stroke, particularly when used at high doses. Do not exceed the
recommended dose or duration of treatment.
• You should discuss your treatment with your doctor or
pharmacist before taking Nurofen if you:
- have heart problems including heart failure, angina (chest
pain), or if you have had a heart attack, bypass surgery,
peripheral artery disease (poor circulation in the legs or feet
due to narrow or blocked arteries), or any kind of stroke
(including ‘mini-stroke’ or transient ischaemic attack “TIA”).
- have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, have a
family history of heart disease or stroke, or if you are a
• There is a risk of renal impairment in dehydrated children and
Pregnancy and breast feeding
Do not take in the last 3 months of pregnancy or if you are
Speak to your doctor if you are in the first 6 months of pregnancy.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Nurofen
Express 400mg Liquid Capsules
This medicine contains
• 50.5 mg of sorbitol per dose, a source of 12.6 mg of fructose
per dose. If you have been told by your doctor that you have an
intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking this
• Ponceau 4R (E124) which may cause allergic reactions.
• This medicine contains 27.9 mg potassium per capsule. To be
taken into consideration by patients with reduced kidney function
or patients on a controlled potassium diet.
Contains the active ingredient: Ibuprofen 400mg.
They also contain: Macrogol 600, Potassium hydroxide 50%
solution (E525), Gelatin, Sorbitol Liquid, Partially Dehydrated
(E420), Purified Water, Ponceau 4R (E124), Lecithin (E322),
Triglycerides (medium chain), Ethanol, White ink (Titanium Dioxide
(E171), Polyvinyl Acetate Phthalate, Macrogol 400, Ammonium
hydroxide (E527), Propylene Glycol).
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options