- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm for next day delivery options
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Balneum Bath Oil 500ml
- Mositurising bath additive
- Contains soya oil
- Prevents skins moisture loss
Buy Balneum Bath Oil online
Balneum is a bath additive that contains soya oil and is used for the treatment of dry skin disorders such as eczema and dermatitis.
Balneum relieves symptoms associated with dry skin whilst also cleansing, and helping to protect against further drying.
Soya oil is an emollient (moisturiser) which soothes and softens dry skin by helping to replace lost oils. The oil forms tiny droplets in the water which leave a thin film on your skin. This film helps to stop your skin from drying out and so makes it feel soft.
What is Balneum Bath Oil?
Balneum Bath Oil is a skin moisturising agent, used in the treatment of dry skin conditions.
What is the ingredient of Balneum Bath Oil?
The active ingredient in Balneum Bath Oil is Soya Oil.
How does Balneum Bath Oil work?
Balneum Bath Oil works by creating a barrier layer on the surface of your skin. This helps prevent water evaporating from the skin surface.
Can I use Balneum Bath Oil while Pregnant?
You may use Balneum Bath Oil whilst you are pregnant.
How do I use Balneum Bath Oil?
It should be added directly to your bath. For an adult, 1 capful (about 20ml) or for a child’s or baby’s bath - 1/4 of a capful (about 5ml).
What are the side effects of Balneum Bath Oil?
The most common side effects of this product are skin irritations caused by sensitivity to the ingredients.
Like all medicines, Balneum can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Very rarely during use there may be cases of reddening, itching and burning.
In very rare cases soya oil may cause allergic reactions.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet, please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Reporting of side effects
If you get any side effects, talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet. You can also report side effects directly via the Yellow Card Scheme, Website: www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard or search for MHRA Yellow Card in the Google Play or Apple App Store..
By reporting side effects you can also provide more information on the safety of this medicine.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Always use Balneum exactly as your doctor has told you. You should check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
- Balneum is for external use by patients of all ages.
- Pour the appropriate amount of Balneum liquid into the bath as the bath is filling (please see below for correct measurements), be careful the water is not too hot.
- Stay in the bath for at least 10 minutes but not longer than 20 minutes.
- In the case of infants and small children a bath of only a few minutes is mostly sufficient.
- Do not use soap since this will remove Balneum from your skin and can also dry the skin.
- If only a small area of skin is affected, you may be able to bathe the affected area in a bowl or sink.
- For a full bath (Adults dose) – 1 capful (about 20 ml)
- For a child’s or baby’s bath – ¼ of a capful (about 5 ml)
- For a partial bath in a bowl or sink – 1/8 of a capful (about 2.5 ml)
- If you have very dry skin, you can use two or three times the above amounts.
After bathing gently pat dry with a towel. If you wipe or rub your skin too much the Balneum will not work as well.
Adults and children should bathe with Balneum 2 to 3 times a week or as often as required. Your doctor will advise you how often you should use Balneum depending on how severe your skin condition is. For babies and infants a daily bath is recommended.
Always clean the bath immediately after you have used Balneum. To do this, rinse the bath and equipment thoroughly with hot water and then clean with a household cleaner.
Duration of treatment
Your doctor will tell you for how long you need to use Balneum.
If you have any further questions on the use of this product, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
If you use more Balneum than you should
There are no known harmful effects resulting from excessive oil concentrations in the bath water.
Do not use Balneum
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to soya, peanut or any of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- If you suffer from fresh pustular forms of Psoriasis (Psoriasis pustulosa).
- All full baths – including those to which Balneum has been added – should only be taken after consultation with your doctor in the following cases: major skin injuries, acute skin diseases of unknown cause, feverish and infectious diseases, heart failure and high blood pressure.
If the above applies to you, do not use this medicine and talk to your doctor.
Warnings and precautions
- If your symptoms do not get better, go and see your doctor.
- Take care not to slip in the bath.
- Avoid getting Balneum in your eyes, however, if this should occur, rinse immediately with clean water. If eye irritation remains please see your doctor.
- Undiluted Balneum should not be swallowed. If this happens talk to your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
- Make sure water does not exceed 36°C, as this can make your skin condition worse.
- Always clean the bath immediately after you have used Balneum. To do this rinse thoroughly with hot water and then clean with a household cleaner.
- Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
The active substance is soya oil 84,75% .
The other ingredients are polyoxyethylene lauryl ether, oleic acid, diethanolamide, perfume oil contains benzyl benzoate, propylene glycol(E1520), butylated hydroxytoluene (E321), ascorbyl palmitate and citric acid monohydrate.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options