- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Doublebase Wash Gel 200g
- Also Helps with Itchy or Inflamed Skin
- Moisturising Soap Substitute for Dry Skin Conditions
- Non-Foaming & Fragrance-Free
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Doublebase Wash Gel online
This product is a treatment for you to use whenever you wash. It has been developed for use instead of soaps (bars and liquids) and cleansers, both of which may irritate dry skin.
It helps treat and prevent dry or chapped skin conditions that may also be itchy, red and sore. Common examples include:
- occupational hand dermatitis (due to frequent hand-washing, or repeated contact with water or chemicals such as cleaning or hair products)
- eczema and other types of dermatitis
- psoriasis (scaly, pink patches of skin)
- elderly pruritus (itchy skin due to ageing)
- ichthyosis (unusually scaly skin)
Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel is suitable for all age groups, including babies.
The active ingredients in this product are isopropyl myristate and liquid paraffin.
These are known as emollients.
This "soap substitute" product is specifically designed to be non-foaming and is fragrance free. When used as part of your normal washing routine it helps to:
- cleanse, soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping in moisture and restoring the normal protective function of the skin.
- prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary cleansing products.
- prevent 'flare-ups' of your skin condition.
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor, pharmacist or nurse may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
Like all medicines, Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. This product has been specially designed for use on dry or problem skin.
However, in rare cases it can cause skin irritation (mild rashes) or allergic skin reactions on extremely sensitive skin. These rare effects tend to occur during or soon after the first few uses.
Stop using this product and tell your doctor, nurse or pharmacist:
- if your skin condition seems to look or feel worse.
- if any of the side effects get serious, or you notice any other side effects not mentioned in this leaflet.
- If this product is accidentally swallowed, its oily ingredients may cause diarrhoea.
If this happens:
- treat the symptoms as you would deal with any case of diarrhoea.
- drink plenty of water.
- do not attempt to cause vomiting.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
This product is only for application to the skin. Use this product as part of your normal washing routine, instead of your ordinary soap (bar or liquid) or cleanser. For maximum benefit you should use it whenever you wash (including routine hand washing).
Before using this product, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it. After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
- Wash with this product in the same way as you would with any liquid soap.
- Use it with a gentle washing action. The product will not foam or lather as you wash.
- Rinse off (you should still be able to feel the product coating the skin).
- Pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
Do not use Doublebase Emollient Wash Gel if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to isopropyl myristate, liquid paraffin or any of the ingredients listed in Section 6.
Warnings and precautions
Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not totally remove it.
Take special care when using this product
If you decide to use this product in the bath or shower, it can make the surfaces slippery, so:
be careful to avoid slipping over when getting into and out of your bath or shower (eg by using a shower or bath mat).
after use, clean out the bath/shower tray with a suitable detergent to remove any remaining greasiness (wearing protective gloves to avoid irritating your hands).
The active ingredients are isopropyl myristate (15% w/w) and liquid paraffin (15% w/w).
The other ingredients are macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol), glycerol, carbomer, sorbitan laurate, trolamine, phenoxyethanol and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options