Ibuleve Gel 50g
- Easily absorbed, penetrating gel
- A clear, pleasant-to-use, fragrance-free formula
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Ibuleve Gel 50g online
Ibuleve is an anti-inflammatory painkiller
applied to, and absorbed through, the skin.
It is for the treatment of the following conditions
involving the musculoskeletal system:
• rheumatic or muscular pain
It is also for pain relief in common arthritic
Like all medicines, Ibuleve can cause side effects,
although not everybody gets them.
Occasionally, mild skin rashes, itching or irritation
can sometimes occur at the site of application. If
this is unacceptable, or persists, stop using the
product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Very rarely, the following side effects can happen
with ibuprofen, although these are extremely
uncommon with products such as Ibuleve that are
applied to the skin.
If you experience any of the following,
stop using Ibuleve immediately and tell
• Allergic reactions (particularly in people
who have a history of asthma or allergic
problems), such as:
• unexplained runny nose and watery
eyes, or, in more serious cases asthma
or aggravated asthma involving breathing
difficulties, wheezing or chest tightness;
• generalised allergic skin reactions
involving itch, swelling, inflammation,
redness and perhaps blistering and light
• other more serious generalised allergic
reactions possibly involving unexplained
nausea and vomiting, swollen eyes, face
or tongue, difficulty swallowing, dizziness
or light-headedness. Unconsciousness
could perhaps occur in the most serious
Kidney problems (particularly in people
who have a history of kidney disease), such as:
• decreased urine volume;
• loss of appetite / weight loss;
• swelling to abdomen.
Problems with the digestive system
(particularly in people who have a history
of stomach ulcers etc), such as:
• stomach pain;
• heartburn / indigestion.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you
notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet,
please tell your doctor or pharmacist
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Before using this tube of gel for the first time,
open it as follows:
• Unscrew the cap, turn it upside down
and then use the sharp point of the cap to
pierce the membrane in the neck of the tube.
To use the gel
(for adults, the elderly and children
over 12 years old):
• Use the gel up to three times a day, or as
often as advised by your doctor.
• Lightly apply the gel to intact skin over the
• Apply only enough gel to thinly cover the
affected area, then massage gently until
• Wash hands after use, unless treating them.
• Carry on using the gel in this way until your
condition gets better (you may find you
need to use it for a few weeks, and your
doctor may want you to continue using it for
longer than this).
• If your symptoms worsen or continue for more
than a few weeks, discuss this with your doctor
before continuing treatment
Do not use Ibuleve:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ibuprofen
or any of the other ingredients of Ibuleve
• if you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis
(allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives) and
have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin,
ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past;
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
• on broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
Before applying this product for the first time,
make sure it is suitable for you to use:
Because Ibuleve is delivered through the skin,
directly over the painful area, there is less risk of
the complications that sometimes occur when
ibuprofen (or a similar anti-inflammatory painkiller)
is taken by mouth. However, in rare cases you may
be at risk:
• if you have a stomach ulcer (also called a
peptic or gastric ulcer);
• if you have ever had kidney problems;
• if you have ever had asthma;
• if you have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin
or ibuprofen taken by mouth.
If any of the above apply to you, only use
this product on advice from your doctor or
Take special care when using this product:
• Use it only on the skin.
• Do not use it on children under 12 years old
unless advised by a doctor.
• Do not apply it to broken or irritated skin.
• Keep the gel away from the eyes, nose
Using other medicines
• Interaction between Ibuleve and blood
pressure lowering drugs and anticoagulants
(medicines that stop blood clotting) is possible,
in theory, although very unlikely. If you would
like more advice about this, speak to your
doctor or pharmacist.
• If you are also taking aspirin or other NSAIDs by
mouth, discuss this beforehand with your doctor
or pharmacist because these may increase the
risk of undesirable effects.
• Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are taking or have recently taken any other
medicines including other medicines obtained
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
You should not use Ibuleve if you are pregnant
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your
ability to drive or use machinery.
Important information about one of the
ingredients of Ibuleve
The product contains a small amount of propylene
glycol. This ingredient may cause skin irritation
in a small number of people who are intolerant
to it. If your doctor has told you that you have an
intolerance to propylene glycol, please talk to your
doctor before using this product.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (5% w/w).
The other ingredients are industrial methylated
spirit, carbomers, propylene glycol, diethylamine
and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options