Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel 40g
- Anti Inflammatory
- Fast-acting pain relief
- Direct to the point of pain
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel online
Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel is an anti-inflammatory
painkiller applied to, and absorbed through,
• It is for the treatment of the following conditions
involving the musculoskeletal system:
• muscular backache
• muscular pain
• rheumatic pain
• sports injuries
Like all medicines, Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel
can cause side effects, although not everybody
Occasionally, mild skin rashes, itching or irritation
can sometimes occur at the site of application.
If this is unacceptable, or persists, stop using the
product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Very rarely, the following side effects can happen
with ibuprofen, although these are extremely
uncommon with products such as Ibuleve Speed
Relief Gel that are applied to the skin.
If you experience any of the following,
stop using Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel
immediately and tell your doctor:
• Allergic reactions (particularly in people
who have a history of asthma or allergic
problems), such as:
• unexplained runny nose and watery
eyes, or, in more serious cases asthma
or aggravated asthma involving breathing
difficulties, wheezing or chest tightness;
• generalised allergic skin reactions
involving itch, swelling, inflammation,
redness and perhaps blistering and
• other more serious generalised allergic reactions
possibly involving unexplained nausea
and vomiting, swollen eyes, face or tongue,
difficulty swallowing, dizziness or
light-headedness. Unconsciousness could
perhaps occur in the most serious cases.
• Kidney problems
(particularly in people who have a history
of kidney disease), such as:
• decreased urine volume;
• loss of appetite / weight loss;
• swelling to abdomen.
• Problems with the digestive system
(particularly in people who have a history
of stomach ulcers etc), such as:
• stomach pain;
• heartburn / indigestion.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you
notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet,
please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Before using this tube of gel for the first
time, open it as follows:
• Unscrew the cap, turn it upside down
and then use the sharp point of the cap to
pierce the membrane in the neck of the tube.
To use the gel
(for adults, the elderly and children over 12 years old):
• Use the gel up to three times a day,
leaving 4 hours between applications.
• Lightly apply the gel to intact skin over
the painful area.
• Squeeze out a 4 to 10 cm length of gel onto
the affected area, enough to thinly cover it,
then massage gently until absorbed. Do not apply
more than 30 cm of gel in any 24 hour period.
• Wash hands after use, unless treating them.
• Carry on using the gel in this way for up to
two weeks (or longer if recommended by your
doctor), until your condition gets better.
• If your symptoms worsen or continue for more
than two weeks, discuss this with your pharmacist
or doctor before continuing treatment
Do not use Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to ibuprofen
or any of the other ingredients of Ibuleve Speed
Relief Gel listed in Section 6;
• if you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis
(allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives) and
have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin,
ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past;
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
• on broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin;
• if you have severe joint pain of recent onset that
is not related to an injury or period of overuse;
• if you feel ill, have a temperature or any other
symptoms that accompany the pain.
Before applying this product for the first time,
make sure it is suitable for you to use:
Because Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel is delivered
through the skin, directly over the painful area,
there is less risk of the complications that
sometimes occur when ibuprofen (or a similar
anti-inflammatory painkiller) is taken by mouth.
However, in rare cases you may be at risk:
• if you have a stomach ulcer
(also called a peptic or gastric ulcer);
• if you have ever had kidney problems;
• if you have ever had asthma;
• if you have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin
or ibuprofen taken by mouth.
If any of the above apply to you, only use this
product on advice from your doctor or pharmacist.
Take special care when using this product:
• Use it only on the skin.
• Do not use on children under 12 years of
age except on the advice of a doctor.
• Do not apply it to broken or irritated skin.
• Do not use under protective waterproof dressings.
• Do not use more than the recommended dose
• Keep the gel away from the eyes, nose and mouth.
Using other medicines
• Interaction between Ibuleve Speed Relief
Gel and blood pressure lowering drugs and
anticoagulants (medicines that stop blood
clotting) is possible, in theory, although very
unlikely. If you would like more advice about
this, speak to your doctor or pharmacist.
• If you are also taking aspirin or other NSAIDs by
mouth, discuss this beforehand with your doctor
or pharmacist because these may increase the
risk of undesirable effects.
• Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are taking or have recently taken any other
medicines including other medicines obtained
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
You should not use Ibuleve Speed Relief Gel
if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your
ability to drive or use machinery.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (5% w/w).
The other ingredients are industrial methylated
spirit, carbomers, propylene glycol, diethylamine
and purified water
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options