- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
- Anti-Inflammatory Painkiller Spray
- Absorbed through the skin
- Active ingredient is Ibuprofen
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Ibuspray online
Ibuspray is an anti-inflammatory painkiller
applied to, and absorbed through, the skin.
• It is for the treatment of the following conditions
involving the musculoskeletal system:
• rheumatic or muscular pain
It is also for pain relief in common arthritic
Like all medicines, Ibuspray can cause side effects,
although not everybody gets them.
Occasionally, mild skin rashes, itching or irritation
can sometimes occur at the site of application. If
this is unacceptable, or persists, stop using the
product and tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Very rarely, the following side effects can happen
with ibuprofen, although these are extremely
uncommon with products such as Ibuspray that
are applied to the skin.
If you experience any of the following, stop
using Ibuspray immediately and tell your
• Allergic reactions (particularly in people who
have a history of asthma or allergic problems),
• unexplained runny nose and watery eyes, or,
in more serious cases asthma or aggravated
asthma involving breathing difficulties,
wheezing or chest tightness;
• generalised allergic skin reactions involving
itch, swelling, inflammation, redness and
perhaps blistering and light sensitivity;
• other more serious generalised allergic
reactions possibly involving unexplained
nausea and vomiting, swollen eyes, face or
tongue, difficulty swallowing, dizziness or
light-headedness. Unconsciousness could
perhaps occur in the most serious cases.
• Kidney problems (particularly in people who
have a history of kidney disease), such as:
• decreased urine volume;
• loss of appetite / weight loss;
• swelling to abdomen.
• Problems with the digestive system
(particularly in people who have a history of
stomach ulcers etc), such as:
• stomach pain;
• heartburn / indigestion.
If any of the side effects gets serious, or if you
notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet,
please tell your doctor or pharmacist.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
HOW TO USE IBUSPRAY
Do not spray near flames, burning cigarettes,
electric heaters or similar ignition sources.
For adults, the elderly and children over
12 years old:
• Use the spray up to three to four times a day,
or as often as advised by your doctor.
• Holding the bottle upright or upside-down,
approximately 4 to 6 inches away from the skin,
spray over the affected area.
• Every 2 to 3 sprays, gently massage the spray
into the skin over and around the painful area.
• The exact amount that you need to apply will
vary, depending on the extent and severity of
your condition, but normally 5 to 10 sprays
(1 to 2 ml) should be enough.
• Wash hands after use, unless treating them.
• Carry on using the spray in this way until your
condition gets better (you may find you need
to use it for a few weeks, and your doctor may
want you to continue using it for longer than
• If your symptoms worsen or continue for more
than a few weeks, discuss this with your doctor
before continuing treatment
Do not use Ibuspray:
• if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to
ibuprofen or any of the other ingredients of
• if you are asthmatic, or suffer from rhinitis
(allergic runny nose) or urticaria (hives) and
have ever had a bad reaction to aspirin,
ibuprofen or other NSAIDs in the past;
• if you are pregnant or breast-feeding;
• on broken, damaged, infected or diseased skin.
Before applying this product for the first time,
make sure it is suitable for you to use:
Because Ibuspray is delivered through the skin,
directly over the painful area, there is less risk of
the complications that sometimes occur when
ibuprofen (or a similar anti-inflammatory painkiller)
is taken by mouth. However, in rare cases you
may be at risk:
• if you have a stomach ulcer (also called
a peptic or gastric ulcer);
• if you have ever had kidney problems;
• if you have ever had asthma;
• if you have ever had a bad reaction to
aspirin or ibuprofen taken by mouth.
If any of the above apply to you, only use
this product on advice from your doctor or
Warnings and precautions
Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of
severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding, dressings
etc) that has been in contact with this product
burns more easily and is a serious fire hazard.
Washing clothing and bedding may reduce
product build-up but not totally remove it.
Take special care when using this product:
• This product is flammable. Do not spray it near
flames or ignition sources.
• Use it only on the skin.
• Do not use it on children under 12 years old
unless advised by a doctor.
• Keep the spray away from the eyes, nose and
Using other medicines
• Interaction between Ibuspray and blood
pressure lowering drugs and anticoagulants
(medicines that stop blood clotting) is possible,
in theory, although very unlikely. If you would
like more advice about this, speak to your
doctor or pharmacist.
• If you are also taking aspirin or other NSAIDs
by mouth, discuss this beforehand with your
doctor or pharmacist because these may
increase the risk of undesirable effects.
• Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you
are taking or have recently taken any other
medicines including other medicines obtained
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
You should not use Ibuspray if you are pregnant
Driving and using machinery
Using this product is not known to affect your
ability to drive or use machinery.
The active ingredient is ibuprofen (5% w/w).
The other ingredients are industrial methylated
spirit, macrogol 300, macrogol cetostearyl ether
(cetomacrogol 1000) and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options