Tiger Balm White Ointment 19g
- Eases pain caused by tension headaches
- Contains Herbal Ingredients
- Also helps relieve muscle ache & pains
Buy Tiger Balm White Ointment online
Tiger Balm can be used by adults and children over 2 years of age to give temporary
relief from minor muscular aches and pains.
Tiger Balm can also be used by adults only for the treatment of tension headache. This
is the kind of headache that you may get when your head, neck and shoulder muscles
become tense due to tiredness, overwork or emotional strain. If you are not sure whether
you have a tension headache contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
Like all medicines, Tiger Balm can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Frequency not known (cannot be estimated from the available data).
• Tiger Balm may occasionally cause irritation to the skin, such as rashes or contact
dermatitis. If this occurs, discontinue use and seek medical advice immediately.
• It is important not to use Tiger Balm near the nose of babies or young children, as
other similar products have been reported to cause difficulties or disturbances in
normal breathing, falling unconscious or severe allergic reactions (significant fall
in blood pressure and/or swelling of the voice box). • Burning sensation at application site.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Tiger Balm White is for external use only.
Follow the recommended instructions below and wash hands after use:
• For muscular aches and pains (Adults and children aged 2 years and older): Rub
gently on the affected parts of the skin as necessary, usually 2 or 3 times a day. If your
condition does not improve after two weeks or gets worse, seek medical advice.
• For tension headaches (Adults only): Apply the ointment onto the forehead or
temples and lightly rub in a circular motion. You should use a pea-sized amount of
ointment, just enough to cover the area being treated. Repeat this application after 30
minutes and after one hour if your headache has not got better. If your symptoms last
continuously for 24 hours or if they keep coming back over the next 7 days, seek medical
advice. If you are not sure whether you have tension headache contact your doctor or
pharmacist for advice.
Do not use Tiger Balm
• If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to camphor, menthol, clove oil or cajuput oil or any
of the other ingredients of Tiger Balm (listed in Section 6).
• If you have asthma or other lung diseases that can result in severe breathing difficulties.
• If the type of headache you have is not the tension type. A tension headache is usually
restricted to a slight dull ache on both sides of the head and pressure of a cap-like pain
around the forehead, neck and shoulder regions only. If you are not sure whether you
have a tension headache contact your doctor or pharmacist for advice.
• If your headache lasts for a long time in one area, is severe or involves any other
symptoms such as sickness, dizziness, a migraine, changes in vision, is on one side of
your head only, or occurs when you first wake up and/or following strenuous exercise
you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist immediately. You should seek medical
advice if your headache is different to any headache that you have had before.
• If you have any sort of skin disease.
• In children less than two years of age.
• On open wounds or on inflamed or irritated skin.
You must contact a doctor if your muscular aches and pains worsen or do not improve after
Warnings and precautions
• Keep Tiger Balm away from the delicate and moist linings in or around the eyes, mouth,
nose, vagina (the birth canal) and the urethra (the tube that carries urine from the bladder).
• Do not bandage areas where you have applied Tiger Balm.
• Do not inhale Tiger Balm or apply to the nose.
• Do not smoke or go near naked flames - risk of severe burns. Fabric (clothing, bedding,
dressings etc) that has been in contact with this product burns more easily and is a
serious fire hazard. Washing clothing and bedding may reduce product build-up but not
totally remove it.
Other medicines and Tiger Balm
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use any other
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a
baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this medicine.
• Avoid excessive use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
• The active substances are camphor 11.0%w/w, levomenthol 10.0%w/w, cajuput oil
7.0%w/w and clove oil 5.0%w/w.
• The other ingredients are cinnamon oil, dementholised mint oil, yellow soft paraffin and
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options