Acnecide Topical Gel 30g
- Contains Benzoyl Peroxide as an active ingredientEffective acne spot treatmentComes in both 30g & 60g Variations
Buy Acnecide Topical Aqueous Gel online
You can buy Acnecide Topical Aqueous Gel from our uk registered online pharmacy. please read the associated information about this medication to make sure it's safe for you. you can then place your order. after completing any associated assessment form, our pharmacists can then review your order and, if approved, dispatch to your chosen address. if for any reason your order is not approved, a full refund is issued.
Acnecide is a commonly used topical gel used in the treatment of mild to moderate acne. the active ingredient within acnecide is benzoyl peroxide 5%w/w, which is found in many recommended first-line topical preparations.
The active ingredient of acnecide works by killing the bacteria, one of the primary causes of acne. acnecide can be used on the face, chest or back. acnecide can cause redness and have a drying effect on your skin. if you notice this, you should try using a non-comedogenic moisturiser regularly, or reduce the frequency of use.
- Washing your skin no more than twice daily using mild soap and lukewarm water
- Avoid scrubbing your skin vigorously
- Antibacterial washes are a popular choice for skin cleansing
- Ensure you have a healthy, balanced diet consisting of the daily recommended fruit, vegetable and water intake.
- Avoid squeezing or irritating the spots as this can make your acne worse and it also increases the chances of scarring, so it is best not to touch them.
- Try to use water-based moisturisers, creams and foundations as greasy/oily products can block your pores and possibly initiate spots.
Other alternative treatments for acne are available at Rightdose. these include:
- Clearasil ultra rapid action
- Freederm fast track gel
- Differin gel-doctor item
- Lymecycline (tetralysal) tablets-doctor item
- Zineryt solution-doctor item
Recommended face washes available at Rightdose:
- Witch exfoliating face wash
- Witch naturally clear foaming face wash
- Simple oil control wash
- Quinoderm face wash
After using any treatment, it's helpful to let others know about your experience. reviews of an item help other users know that medicines received are genuine, how well the treatment worked or any issues to be aware of. we invite our users to leave a review of both their treatment and of the service provided. click on the reviews tab to see if there has been feedback on this item.
How long does Acnecide gel take to work?
It can take a patient around 6 to 8 weeks to notice any improvement in the skin, so it is advised to keep applying the gel. Acnecide can be used with Duac gel, which contains an antibiotic which can act as a dual action.
How long should I use Acnecide for?
It advised that you would need to use Acnecide for around 2 months to see the full benefits from the gel. If you require to continue treatment for longer it advised that you speak to your own GP before continuing with treatment.
Can I use Acnecide Gel with other medication?
If Acnecide is used alongside other acne treatments at the same time this can lead to skin irritation and excessive dryness, so it is always advised you speak to your own GP before making a purchase.
If you take Isotretinoin (also known as Roaccutane) this can cause a reaction when used together with Acnecide which dries out the skin so it is advised that they are not used together.
Who should not use Acnecide Gel?
You should not use Acnecide gel if you are allergic to benzoyl peroxide or any of the other ingredients found in the gel. You should also not use Acnecide gel if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Can Acnecide gel remove blackheads?
Yes, it can be used to remove blackheads from the skin as it contains benzoyl peroxide, this effectively works as an all-round acne gel.
Is Acnecide gel better than Acne creams?
There is not much difference between acne gels and acne creams when choosing a treatment. Acne Gel is a water-based medication and can leave a film effect over the skin and can dry the skin out. Acne cream can normally be more oily than the gel and need to be applied when your skin is dry. It is normally the active ingredient found in the gel/cream that will make treatment more effective.
Side effects of Acnecide Topical Gel
Like all medicines, Acnecide Gel can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
You should immediately discontinue using Acnecide and seek medical advice from a healthcare professional if you experience any of the following:
- Severely irritated skin
- Severe redness, itching or peeling of the skin
- Facial swelling
If you experience a severe allergic reaction and have any of the following symptoms, tell your doctor immediately:
- Raised and itchy rash (hives)
- Facial swelling (including swelling of eyes, lips, tongue or mouth)
- shortness of breath
Possible side effects of Acnecide:
Very common side effects:
(These may affect more than 1 in 10 individuals)
- Dry skin
- Skin redness
- Peeling of skin
- Burning sensation of skin
Common side effects:
(These may affect up to 1 in 10 individuals)
- Itching of skin
- Pain of skin
- Skin irritation
- Uncommon side effects:
(These may affect up to 1 in 100 individuals)
- Allergic contact dermatitis
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions for use for Acnecide Topical Gel
Acnecide Gel should only be used externally.
The directions for use are as follows unless advised differently by your doctor or pharmacist:
- The affected area should be washed using a mild skin cleanser and water then dry by gently patting skin.
- Acnecide Gel should be applied to the affected area in a thin layer either once or twice daily.
- Apply the gel once daily before going to bed if your skin is sensitive.
- Any skin peeling/drying which may occur after use can possibly be reduced if you change how often you apply Acnecide.
- Apply Acnecide in the evening and use a suitable sun protector lotion.
Warnings for Acnecide Topical Gel
- Caution should be taken when using Acnecide on the neck or other sensitive areas.
- Acnecide can bleach hair and coloured fabrics (this includes clothing, towels and bed linen), so care should be taken to avoid contact of Acnecide gel with these.
- Acnecide should not be used on damaged skin.
- Avoid contact with eyes, mouth, the lining of the nose.
- Acnecide can possibly cause swelling and blistering of the skin
- Hands should be washed thoroughly after use of Acnecide.
- Exposure to sunlight or other sources of UV light (e.g. sun bed) should be avoided.
Ingredients in acnecide topical gel
Active substance: hydrous benzoyl peroxide
Other ingredients: docusate sodium, disodium edetate, poloxamer 182, carbomer 940, propylene glycol, acrylates copolymer, glycerol, colloidal anhydrous silica, purified water, sodium hydroxide to adjust the ph.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options