- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Nytol Original Tablets 25mg (Pack of 20)
- Avoid Alcohol Consumption
- Clinically Proven Sleep Aid
- Short Term Use Only
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Nytol original is used to relieve temporary sleeping difficulties. The active ingredient is diphenhydramine
hydrochloride, an antihistamine that causes sleepiness or drowsiness. Temporary difficulties in getting a good night’s sleep can be caused by various problems such as stress, jet lag or personal problems such as bereavement. In sleep problems of this type, Nytol Original has been shown to help sufferers to fall asleep faster, have a longer and deeper sleep, and to wake up feeling rested in the morning. Do not take nytol original for more than 2 weeks without consulting your doctor.
- It is very important to ensure ‘good sleep hygiene’, which is maintaining a regular bedtime routine. (this includes having a comfortable bedroom and removing objects that stimulate activity for example tvs, laptops, phones)
- Having a hot shower or bath may also be helpful before bedtime. you could also try adding lavender oils in your bath.
- Drink a warm, milky drink before bed.
- Avoid caffeine in the evening.
- Avoid heavy late night meals.
- If possible, try to keep a sleep diary to pinpoint different factors that are influencing your sleeping pattern.
- Regular exercise is important but not before going to sleep.
- Relaxation techniques are also helpful in aiding sleeping difficulties.
Like all medicines, Nytol Original can have side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Common (may affect up to 1 in 10 people)
- The most common side effects are: tiredness, drowsiness, reduced attention, unsteadiness, dizziness or a dry mouth.
Not known (frequency cannot be estimated from the available data)
- Allergic reactions (such as rash, shortness of breath and swelling), blurred vision, palpitations (feeling your heart beat) or irregular heartbeat.
- Muscle twitching, convulsions, headache or pins and needles.
- Also nausea (feeling sick), vomiting (being sick), thicker bronchial mucus and difficulty passing urine.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
The recommended dose for adults and children aged 16 years and over: Swallow 1 tablet with water 20 minutes before you go to bed.
- Not to be used by children under 16 years.
- Not to be used by the elderly with confusion.
- Do not take more than the recommended dose.
- Do not take extra tablets if you wake up in the night.
- Do not take for more than 2 weeks without consulting a doctor.
Do not take Original:
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to diphenhydramine hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients
- If you have an obstruction in your stomach or gut (for example, because of an ulcer).
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Nytol Original:
- If you have asthma, bronchitis or Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- If you have narrow-angle glaucoma (a form of raised pressure in the eye)
- If you have an enlarged prostate or urinary retention
- If you have moderate to severe liver or kidney disease
- If you have myasthenia gravis, epilepsy or seizure disorders.
- If your sleeping difficulties persist, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
- Nytol One-A-Night may get less effective if you use it continuously.
Other medicines and Nytol Original
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking these tablets if you are taking any prescribed medicines; particularly tricyclic antidepressants, monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs prescribed for depression) within the last two weeks, atropine (used to dilate pupils of the eyes) or medicines which make you drowsy. Avoid the use of other antihistamines including those used on your skin and in cold and cough medicines, while taking this medicine. Do not drink alcohol while using Nytol Original.
Do not drive or operate machinery. Nytol Original is intended to produce sleepiness or drowsiness soon after the dose is taken.
The active substance: each tablet contains diphenhydramine hydrochloride 25 mg.
The other ingredients are: anhydrous lactose, microcrystalline cellulose, maize starch, stearic acid and silicon dioxide.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options