- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Mentholatum Vapour Rub 30g
- Contains Menthol & Eucalyptus with pine extract
- For easier breathing in colds
- Decongestant & topical analgesic
- 30g Tub
Mentholatum Balm is an ointment for use on the skin or for inhalation to ease congestion. It is recommended for the relief of symptoms of colds, congestion (catarrh) and hay fever as well as muscular pain and stiffness including lower back pain, pain in the lower back and thigh, muscle tenderness or stiffness rheumatic pain, bruises and chilblains.
Minor skin conditions including dry and chapped skin, nettle rash, insect bites and stings, itching can be treated with vapour rub.
Side Effects of Mentholatum Vapour Rub
Like all medicines, Mentholatum Balm can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
The following effects may occur, particularly if you have sensitive skin:
- Temporary skin redness
- Burning sensation
- Skin burns or blisters
Stop using Mentholatum Balm if excessive skin irritation or other unwanted effects occur.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Directions of use for Mentholatum Vapour Rub
Adults and children over 3 years of age:
Always try on a small area first. Mentholatum Balm can be used 2-3 times a day. Wash your hands immediately after use (unless you are treating your hands). If you get any in your eyes or other sensitive areas wash with plenty of clean water.
For colds, congestion and hay fever:
- Either rub a thin layer onto your chest, neck and back so that you can inhale the vapour
- Or you can melt one teaspoonful of Mentholatum Balm in hot water and inhale the vapour
- Do not apply under the nostrils in children.
For muscular aches and pains, bruises and chilblains:
- Gently massage a thin layer of Mentholatum Balm to the affected area until the ointment is rubbed in.
For minor skin conditions:
- Dab a small amount, in a thin layer, onto the affected area.
Keep the area where you have used Mentholatum Balm uncovered or loosely covered. Do not cover the skin with bandages, plasters or any other dressing.
Stop using the ointment if you get excessive skin irritation or other unwanted effects
Warnings for Mentholatum Vapour Rub
Do not use if you have:
- An allergy to any of the ingredients in Mentholatum Balm
- An allergy to painkillers such as aspirin, ibuprofen and other nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs).
- Broken or delicate skin.
Do not use on:
- Children under 3 year old
- Your eyes or other sensitive areas. If this happens wash with plenty of clean water.
Mentholatum Balm is only for use on the skin or by inhalation. Do not take by mouth.
Take care that the rub cannot be licked off by a child after it is applied.
Take special care
See your doctor before using Mentholatum Balm if you:
- Are pregnant or breastfeeding
- Have asthma
Ingredients in Mentholatum Vapour Rub
Active ingredients: menthol 1.35 % w/w, camphor 9 % w/w, methyl salicylate 0.33 % w/w
Other ingredients: eucalyptus oil, pummelo pine oil, titanium dioxide and yellow soft paraffin.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options