- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops 10ml
- Protects from allergies that can be triggered from dustmites, mould, animals and pollen.
- Ideal for the relief and treatment of allergic red eyes, itchy, watery eyes and puffy eyes, caused by Hayfever, pet allergies or house allergies.
- 10ml drops
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Opticrom Allergy Eye Drops Online
This medicine contains sodium cromoglicate which belongs to a group of medicines called anti-allergics.
It works by stopping the release of the natural substances in your eyes that can lead to an allergic reaction. Signs of an allergic reaction include itchy, watery, red or inflamed eyes and puffy eyelids.
This medicine is used for the prevention and treatment of eye allergies.
These allergies can happen:
- At any time of the year and is called ‘perennial allergic conjunctivitis’
- In different seasons of the year caused by different pollens.
This is called ‘seasonal allergic conjunctivitis’ or hay fever
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
Stop using this medicine and see a doctor as soon as possible if:
- The itching, redness or swelling gets worse. You may be allergic to this medicine.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if any of the side effects get serious or last longer than a few days, or if you notice any side effects not listed in this leaflet:
- Stinging or burning in your eyes or blurring of eyesight. This should only last for a short time and occur immediately after using the eye drops.
- Mild eye irritation.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
How to use this medicine
- Wash your hands.
- Before using the medication for the first time, be sure that the tamper-proof seal on the bottle neck is unbroken. A gap between the bottle and the cap is normal for an unopened bottle.
- Remove the cap from the bottle.
- Tilt your head back.
- Squeeze one or two drops inside the lower lid without touching your eye.
- Close your eye.
- Wipe away any excess liquid from the eyes with a clean tissue.
- Always put the cap back on the bottle as soon as you have used it.
- Repeat in the other eye if needed.
How much to use
- One or two drops in each eye four times a day, or as directed by your doctor.
- If your symptoms worsen or do not improve, talk to your doctor or pharmacist.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using this medicine if you wear soft
contact lenses. You should not wear contact lenses while using these drops.
If you are not sure if the above applies to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist
before using this medicine.
Other medicines and this medicine
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take
any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are
planning to have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking
Driving and using machines
You may have blurred eyesight straight after using this medicine.
If this happens, do not drive or use any tools or machines until you can
This medicine contains benzalkonium chloride.
This medicine contains 100 micrograms of benzalkonium chloride in each ml
Benzalkonium chloride may be absorbed by soft contact lenses and may change
the colour of the contact lenses. You should remove contact lenses before using
this medicine and put them back 15 minutes afterwards.
Benzalkonium chloride may also cause eye irritation, especially if you have dry
eyes or disorders of the cornea (the clear layer at the front of the eye). If you feel
abnormal eye sensation, stinging or pain in the eye after using this medicine, talk
to your doctor.
The active substance is sodium cromoglicate. Each 1ml of eye drops contains 20mg of sodium cromoglicate (2.0% w/v). One drop contains 0.7mg of sodium cromoglicate.
The other ingredients are disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride and water for injections.
Order within for guaranteed next day delivery options