Otrivine Adult Decongestant Nasal Spray 10ml
- Delivers the medication in a fine mist
- Helps clear congestion quickly and effectively
- Unblock the nasal passages and clear congestion
- Reducing the excessive nasal secretions
- Returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size
- Starts working in minutes
- Each spray is effective for up to 10 hours
Otrivine Adult Metered Dose 0.1% Nasal Spray is for application in the nose to give relief from:
- perennial and allergic rhinitis (recurring inflammation of the nasal mucous membranes, including hay fever).
- nasal congestion (blocked nose, including colds)
Delivers the medication in a fine mist to help clear congestion quickly and effectively.
Otrivine Adult Metered Dose 0.1% Nasal Spray contains the active ingredient xylometazoline hydrochloride which helps to open up and clear the nasal passages by reducing the excessive nasal secretions and returning the swollen blood vessels to their normal size.
- Otrivine adult nasal spray can be applied to the nasal passage to aid decongestion.
- Aim to relieve symptoms of nasal congestion - a blocked and stuffy nose.
- Can be used for up to a week.
Otrivine Adult Nasal Spray suitable for adults and children above the age of 12.
- To reduce the spread of infection and to improve hygiene, each bottle should only be used by one person.
Otrivine adults nasal sprays are effective in treating symptoms of congestion however if you don’t see an improvement in one week then you should stop using this product.
Otrivine also comes in a drops form otrivine available from our online pharmacy. This spray contains the same active ingredient giving similar effects but with a different mode of application. You made finding using a spray easier than applying drops.
Otrivine child nasal drops and spray are also available for the use in children above the age of six. They contain the same active ingredient but as a lesser strength.
For more advice, please visit us on Instagram @rightdose_uk.
Like all medicines, Otrivine Nasal Spray can cause side effects, however, this may be less likely.
Less common side effects that may be experienced include:
- Burning sensation in the nose and throat
- Local irritation such as discomfort on the application
- Dryness in the nasal passage
- Allergic reaction
Because of their effect on blood vessels, Otrivine adult nasal sprays should be used with caution if you have a heart or circulatory condition, high blood pressure, diabetes, hyperthyroidism or narrow-angle glaucoma.
If you suffer from any of these conditions it’s recommended that you consult your pharmacist before using this product.
If you experience these or any other side-effects stop using the product and consult your doctor. This includes any possible side effects not listed in this leaflet.
You can help to make medicines safer by reporting any side-effects to the Yellow Card Scheme at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Otrivine Adult Metered Dose 0.1% Nasal Spray delivers an exact dose of medicated spray inside the nose. It provides up to 10 hours of relief in as little as 2 minutes.
For Adults and Children over 12 years of age:
- 1 spray in each nostril up to 3 times daily.
Before using it for the first time, prime the pump by actuating 4 times. Once primed the pump will normally remain charged throughout regular daily treatment periods.
If the spray is not ejected during the full actuation stroke, or if the product has not been used for longer than 7 days, the pump will need to be re-primed with 4 actuations.
Do not cut the nozzle. The metered dose spray is ready to prime before use.
- Clear your nose.
- Remove protective cap.
- Hold the bottle upright with your thumb under the base and nozzle between two fingers.
- Lean forward slightly and insert the nozzle into the nostril.
- Depress pump and sniff at the same time.
- Repeat with the other nostril.
- Clean and dry the nozzle before replacing the cap right after use.
We would suggest that you try not to blow your nose for the first few minutes allowing the medicine to get to work.
Be very careful not to spray in the eyes or mouth.
Do not use it continuously for more than 7 consecutive days. If symptoms persist consult your doctor or pharmacist.
To avoid possible spread of infection, only one person should use each bottle.
Do not use the spray if you:
• are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in the spray
• have had recent neurosurgery
• have narrow angle glaucoma
• have chronic nasal inflammation with very dry nasal passages (rhinitis sicca or atrophic rhinitis)
• have an enlarged prostate gland
• have a rare tumour of the adrenal gland that produces high amounts of adrenaline and noradrenaline (phaeochromocytoma)
• are taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) or have stopped taking them in the last 14 days
Do not use this spray for children under 12 years old.
Before using the spray tell your doctor if you:
• have an overactive thyroid gland (hyperthyroidism)
• have diabetes mellitus
• have heart or circulatory disease (e.g. long QT syndrome)
• are pregnant or breast-feeding
• have hypertension
Like other products for the relief of blocked nose, Otrivine may give rise to sleep disturbances, dizziness, tremor in very sensitive patients. Consult your doctor if such signs prove troublesome.
Using other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist before using this product if you are taking or have recently taken any medicines (especially monoamine oxidase inhibitors or other antidepressants) including those obtained without a prescription.
Pregnancy or breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, consult your doctor before using Otrivine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine.
Driving and using machines
Otrivine has no effect on the ability to drive and use machines.
Keep this medicine out of the sight and reach of children.
- Protect from heat.
- Do not use after the expiry date which is stated on the bottle after “Expiry”. The expiry date refers to the last day of that month.
- Do not use this bottle for more than 28 days after opening it.
Medicines should not be disposed of via wastewater or household waste. Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
The active ingredient is xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.1% w/v).
The other ingredients are benzalkonium chloride, sodium phosphate, disodium edetate, sodium acid phosphate, sodium chloride, sorbitol, hypromellose and purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options
|Avamys Nasal Spray (120 sprays)||£12.95
|Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray||£5.95
|Dymista Nasal Spray||£22.50
|Telfast Tablets 120mg (Pack of 30)||£11.95
|Optilast Eye Drops 8ml||£12.95
|Clarinaze Allergy Control 0.05% Nasal Spray (140 Sprays)||£12.99
|Calpol Soothe & Care Saline Nasal Drops 10ml||£3.99
|Otrivine Natural Nasal Spray with Eucalyptus 20ml||£4.99
|A. Vogel Pollinosan Hayfever Tablets (Pack of 120)||£8.79
|Piriteze Syrup 70ml||£4.79
|Piriteze Allergy Tablets (Pack of 14)||£6.76
|Otrivine Adult Decongestant Nasal Spray 10ml||£3.75
|Otrivine Adult Decongestant Nasal Drops 10ml||£2.95
|Optrex Hayfever Relief Eye Drops 10ml||£5.83