- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Otrivine Antistin Eye Drops 10ml
- For Hayfever & Allergies
- Temporary Relief for Redness and Itchy Eyes
- 10ml Pack
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Otrivine-antistin Eye Drops Online
Otrivine-Antistin contains two active ingredients. Xylometazoline hydrochloride is a
decongestant and antazoline sulphate is an anti-allergic agent.
Otrivine-Antistin helps to make your eyes feel more comfortable by relieving the
redness and itching caused by allergies such as hay fever, or house dust allergy.
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody
- Otrivine-Antistin is suitable for most people, but, like all medicines, it can sometimes
cause side effects.
- Sometimes people notice that the drops make their eyes sting.
- Very occasionally people have noticed that their red eyes get worse, or that they
have blurred vision, headache, drowsiness or enlarged pupils.
- Allergic reactions have been reported causing rash, swelling and itching of the eye
area and eye irritation.
- Certain sensitive people have experienced changes in heart beat rhythm, raised
blood pressure, sleeplessness, nausea, pallor and sweating.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
The recommended dose is:
Adults: One or two drops in each eye, two or three times each day.
Use in children and adolescents:
One drop in each eye, two or three times each day.
These drops should not be used in children under 12 years of age.
Elderly: One drop in each eye, two or three times each day.
Do not use Otrivine-Antistin:
- if you are allergic to xylometazoline hydrochloride or antazoline sulphate or any
of the other ingredients of this medicine (listed in section 6)
- if you have a condition called narrow angle glaucoma
- if you wear contact lenses of any type
- if you are taking, or in the last 14 days have taken, one of a group of antidepressant drugs called monoamineoxidase inhibitors.
Warnings and precautions
Talk to your doctor, pharmacist or nurse before using Otrivine-Antistin:
- if you have high blood pressure, a heart condition (e.g. long QT syndrome), a
thyroid problem or diabetes
- if you are pregnant or breast-feeding
- if you suffer from dry eyes
- if you have diffi culty in urinating (passing water)
- if you have an adrenal tumour (phaeochromocytoma).
Children and adolescents
Do not give this medicine to children younger than 12 years of age due to possible
systemic effects (see also Otrivine-Antistin contains boric acid).
Other medicines and Otrivine-Antistin
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are using, have recently used or might use
any other medicines.
Tell your doctor if you are taking any of the following:
- Any drugs which may cause drowsiness including some painkillers, sedatives,
alcohol and antipsychotics
- Atropine and some antidepressants
- Digoxin and some other drugs used for high blood pressure or anxiety such as
atenolol and propranolol
- If you are going to have an anaesthetic you should tell your doctor you are using
Your doctor will know which medicines should be avoided whilst using OtrivineAntistin.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to
have a baby, ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine.
Driving and using machines
Some people may experience blurred vision after using Otrivine-Antistin.
If you are affected, you should not drive or use machinery.
Otrivine-Antistin contains benzalkonium chloride
This medicine contains 2.8 micrograms benzalkonium chloride in each drop, which
is equivalent to 0.1 mg/ml.
Benzalkonium chloride may cause eye irritation, especially if you have dry eyes or
disorders of the cornea (the clear layer at the front of the eye). If you feel abnormal
eye sensation, stinging or pain in the eye after using this medicine, talk to your
Otrivine-Antistin contains boric acid
Do not give to a child less than 2 years old as this medicine contains boron and
may impair fertility in the future.
The active substances are xylometazoline hydrochloride (0.5 milligrams/ml) and
antazoline sulphate (5 milligrams/ml).
The other ingredients are benzalkonium chloride, boric acid, disodium edetate,
sodium tetraborate and water for injections.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options