Day Nurse Liquid 240ml
- Relieves Coughs, Headaches, Blocked & Runny NoseFast Acting Treatment for Cold & FluNight Nurse Liquid also available
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Buy Day Nurse Liquid Online
Day Nurse is used for the day-time relief of the major symptoms of colds, chills
and flu. The medicine contains three active ingredients. Paracetamol
is a painkiller and reduces your temperature when you have a fever.
Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride is a decongestant which unblocks your nose and
sinuses helping you breathe more easily. Pholcodine is a cough suppressant that
helps relieve dry or tickly coughs. Day Nurse also helps relieve a sore throat.
Like all medicines Day Nurse can have side effects, but not everyone gets them.
The following effects may occur:
• Nervousness, difficulty sleeping
• Nausea and vomiting
• Dry mouth may occasionally occur
• Hallucinations (particularly in children) have been reported rarely
• Nightmares, agitation, sweating and restlessness.
Stop taking this medicine and tell your doctor immediately if you experience:
• Difficulty passing urine. This is more likely to occur if you have an enlarged
• Allergic reactions such as skin rash, itching sometimes with breathing problems
or swelling of the lips, tongue, throat or face
• Skin rash or peeling or mouth ulcers
• Breathing problems. These are more likely if you have experienced them
before when taking other painkillers (such as ibuprofen and aspirin)
• Unexplained bruising and bleeding
• Sudden weight loss, loss of appetite or yellowing of the skin and eyes.
• Blurred vision
• Headache, ringing in the ears, irritability or shaking
• Rapid heart rate or palpitations
• Diarrhoea, constipation or stomach pain
• Inability to cough up excess phlegm on the chest
• Sudden severe headache.
• Sudden onset of fever, reddening of the skin, or many small pustules (possible
symptoms of Acute Generalized Exanthematous Pustulosis - AGEP). This may
occur within the first 2 days of treatment with Day Nurse.
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
For oral use only.
It is important to shake the bottle for at least 10 seconds before use.
Always use the measuring cup provided.
Adults and children aged 16 years and over: Fill the measuring cup to
the 30 ml mark. Take one 30 ml dose every 4 hours as needed.
• Take a maximum of 4 doses in any 24 hours.
• Do not take more than 3 doses in any 24 hours if you are taking a
night-time dose of a paracetamol-containing product at bedtime.
• Do not take for more than 7 days.
• Do not take more medicine than the leaflet tells you to.
• Do not take if you are under 16 years.
Do not take Day Nurse:
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to paracetamol, pseudoephedrine
hydrochloride, pholcodine or any of the other ingredients (listed in Section 6)
• if you have high blood pressure or heart disease
• if you have kidney disease or hyperexcitability
• if you have difficulty breathing or lung problems
• if you are taking appetite suppressants or stimulant drugs called
amphetamines (sometimes used to treat ADHD)
• if you have taken monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs) prescribed for
depression in the last two weeks.
Do not take with any other paracetamol-containing products.
Do not take with any other flu, cold or decongestant product.
See Patient information leaflet for full details.
Active ingredients Each 30 ml of medicine contains: Paracetamol 1000 mg,
Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride 60 mg and Pholcodine 10 mg.
Other ingredients Glycerol (E 422), propylene glycol, sucrose, purified water,
ethanol, glucose, citric acid (E 330), sodium citrate, sodium benzoate (E 211),
acesulfame K, colour (E 101a) and flavours (peach, peardrop, levomenthol, lime).
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options