- FREE delivery on orders over £20
- Order by 2pm today for next day delivery
- UK registered pharmacy: 9011378
Gaviscon Double Action Liquid Peppermint 300ml
- Neutralises excess stomach acid
- Forming a protective barrier
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Gaviscon Double Action Liquid are a combination of two antacids (calcium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate) and an alginate which work in two ways:
- Neutralising excess stomach acid to relieve the pain and discomfort
- Forming a protective barrier over the stomach contents to soothe the burning pain in your chest which may last for up to 4 hours.
This medicine is used for the treatment of acid regurgitation, heartburn and indigestion which may occur, for example, following meals, or during pregnancy.
Very rare (less than 1 in 10000): chance of an allergic reaction to the ingredients. Symptoms of this may include:
- skin rush
- shortness of breath
- swelling of the face, lips, tongue or throat
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
Take 2 to 4 teaspoonfuls (5ml spoonfuls) 4 times a day after meals and at bedtime. Follow with half a glass of water or other liquid. Take 1 or 2 tablespoonful (15ml spoonfuls) 4 times a day after meals and at bedtime.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before using Gaviscon Double Action Tablets if you:
- have severe kidney problems
- have electrolyte disturbance causing low level of phosphate in the blood
- suffer or have suffered from significant kidney or heart disease, as certain salts could interfere with these diseases.
- know you have reduced amounts of gastric acid in your stomach, as this product may be less effective.
- Do not give this medicine to a child under 12 years of age.
Do not take this medicine within two hours of taking other medicines by mouth as it can interfere with the action of some other medicines.
Active ingredients are 250mg sodium alginate, 106.5mg sodium bicarbonate and 187.5mg calcium carbonate.
Other ingredients are xylitol, carmellose sodium, magnesium stearate, macrogol 20000, mannitol, copovidone, acesulfame-k, aspartame, mint flavour and carmoisine lake.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options