Robitussin Dry Cough 250ml
- Effective relief for dry/hacking coughs
- Soothes a sore throat and cough
- Contains Dextromethorphan
NOTE: After selecting this product, you will need to complete a short assessment, so we can make sure this medication is suitable for you.
Robitussin Dry Cough provides relief of persistent dry irritant coughs for up to 8 hours. One dose of Robitussin Dry Cough should be enough to provide relief for a whole day or night.
The active ingredient dextromethorphan belongs to a group of medicines called cough suppressants
that work by providing relief from persistent dry irritant coughs
Like all medicines, Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. Side effects with dextromethorphan hydrobromide are rare. However, susceptible individuals may experience unwanted side effects.
If any of the side effects gets serious or you experience any other side effects, STOP taking this medicine immediately and consult your doctor:
- Allergic reactions. Symptoms could include itchy skin or rashes, difficulty breathing, faster heart
rate, swelling of the face or the throat.
- Stomach upset.
- Dizziness, drowsiness, mental confusion
Before taking any medication, it is important to read the Patient Information Leaflet. You can find information leaflets for your medicines by typing them into the search bar at medicines.org, or by contacting us.
For oral use only.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 10 ml up to four times daily, as required.
Children under 12 years: Do not use.
Do not take this medicine if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other
ingredients in this medicine.
- You are currently taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), used to treat
depression and Parkinson's disease or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), used to treat depression
and anxiety or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking any other medication for depression, psychiatric, or emotional
conditions, or Parkinson's disease or have done so in the last 14 days.
This medicine contains dextromethorphan which can cause dependency. It should be used with care.
Particular caution is advised if you are an adolescent or have had drug dependency in the past.
Take special care and talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- You have had a cough for a long time or if you have asthma or suffer from serious asthma attacks,
or if your cough is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache.
- You have liver problems.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines
The medicine can affect your ability to drive as it may make you sleepy or dizzy.
- Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you.
- It may be an offence to drive when taking this medicine.
- However, you would not be committing an offence if:
• The medicine has been taken to treat a medical problem and
• You have taken it according to the information provided with the medicine and
• It was not affecting your ability to drive safely
What Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine contains:
Each 5 ml contains 7.5 mg of the active substance dextromethorphan hydrobromide.
Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine also contains: Glycerol, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose,
sodium benzoate, disodium edetate, maltitol (E965), ethanol, citric acid anhydrous, amaranth (E123),
caramel (E150), levomenthol, cherry/grenadine flavour, sorbitol solution 70%, sodium cyclamate,
acesulfame potassium salt, purified water.
Order on Monday to Friday until 2:00pm guarantees next day delivery options